Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 23rd, 2014 02:00

OpenManage Server Administrator missing a lot of details

OpenManage Server Administrator missing a lot of details. Since the past few days Dell OpenManage Server Administrator is missing a lot of details. If I log on to OMSA I see: System / MainChassis Software / Operating System Storage but none of these topics have any details inside them. The server (PowerEdge 2950) has a PowerVault connected to it, but this is not shown in OMSA. Plus a lot of other diagnostics are missing, What's happened?!? I have recently done Windows Updates, maybe an update has affected OMSA? Same result for Internet Explorer 11 or 9. Same result for Chrome. Same result on the server itself or on my workstation. Any ideas?

23 Posts

April 30th, 2014 09:00

Richard,

You don't mention what version of OMSA you have installed, but the missing information is usually a symptom of one (or more) of the "DSM SA" services not starting after a reboot. You should be able to start the not running services and have the data populate after a few minutes.

Upgrading our systems to OMSA 7.4 has cleared up most of these service failures to start for us.

Corey

May 21st, 2014 02:00

Thanks Corey. I have started the process of upgrading to OMSA 7.4. Will post back if that fixes the problem....
No Events found!