foxphiles
1 Copper

OpenManage on CentOS not detect any storage device

hi,

i've install Dell OpenManage on centos 5.4 x86_64, but in storage menu it show "No storage controllers detected"

anyone know how to fix this?

thanks in advance.

Message Edited by foxphiles on 10-13-2008 11:42 AM
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mrylett
1 Nickel

Re: OpenManage on CentOS not detect any storage device

I know that when i ran the install on some of our centos machines that the storage component failed to install, but i cant remember what the error message was.

If you connect to the OpenManage GUI on the server your having issues with do you see any errors?  im currently seeing issues with incorrect firmware/Driver on the Controller (PERC 6/i Intergrated)  and im looking into getting the updated drivers installed but havent been able to give it much time yet.

Mark 

0 Kudos
foxphiles
1 Copper

there's no error at all in gui.

but the first time i installed using yum (all) there was some error about storage and can't see any storage devices in gui.

then i uninstall the whole thing out and install again, this time not us all, but install base, webserver, storage service(in that order)  this time there was no error but still can't see storage devices. 

0 Kudos
mrylett
1 Nickel

ok it looked like the issue that i have been seeing but maybe not, i havent looked into my issue further yet but will do soon and if i resolve ill post here incase it helps, maybe someone else can assist.
0 Kudos