Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 09:00

OpenManage returns “Hostname / IP address is Blank” when submitting valid hostname

I recently installed OpenManage 8 on a CentOS 6.5 system so I can check/change settings in the DRAC setup.   I am able to access the OMSA login page with https://1.2.3.4/1311 without a problem.

After entering the system hostname (my.domain.tld), username and password, then clicking Submit. OpenManage returns

Login failed.  
Hostname / IP address is Blank. 
Please enter a valid Hostname/IP address.

I've tried using the system's IP address, and verified that I am entering a valid username and password.

Coincidentally, I can click on the 'Manage Web Server' link below the login form, and am able to log in using the same credentials (I'm not asked to enter a hostname on that login page).

Why is OpenManage complaining about a missing hostname when I am absolutely submitting a valid hostname on the login form? I've restarted openmanage, and tried restarting the server also. Same problem happens across multiple browsers and clients (hostname blank).

I've also yum removed/installed srvadmin-all, and continue to have the same problem.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 11th, 2015 10:00

Hello

I recently installed OpenManage 8 on a CentOS 6.5 system so I can check/change settings in the DRAC setup.   I am able to access the OMSA login page with https://1.2.3.4/1311 without a problem.

After entering the system hostname (my.domain.tld), username and password, then clicking Submit. OpenManage returns

What is happening between pulling up the login page and then entering the host name? You have already supplied the hostname/IP in the first step you mentioned. The page that pops up should be asking for a user/pass not a hostname/IP. You should only be prompted to enter a hostname/IP if you are connecting to a remote system from OMSA.

If you are talking about a browser popup window that is asking for credentials then ignore that window. Just close out of that window and use the we page login form.

Thanks

No Events found!