Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2012 08:00

Oracle Linux 5.7 PERC h700 monitoring/management utility

Hi Guys

Does anyone have or can recommend the correct lsi/dell OL5.7 perc monitoring utility

I want to right a script to run everyday to check all the arrays are ok and need the vendor software to do that

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

:-)

Beag

June 12th, 2012 08:00

Hi Beag,

You may have a couple options. Oracle Enterprise Linux is binary compatible with RHEL prior to release 6, so 5.7 should be ok to use Dell OpenManage, although it is not officially supported by either Dell or Oracle. There is also the LSI scripts from kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle12278.aspx which work on RHEL and seems to work ok on CentOS also -- I have not tried them on Oracle though.

If you want to try Dell OpenManage follow these instructions: linux.dell.com/.../OMSA and you may have to modify /etc/redhat-release. You will need to install the srvadmin-storageservices RPM and its dependencies and that will provide the omconfig storage commands you can grep in a cron job for monitoring -- see support.dell.com/.../reportst.htmand 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

LSI provides MegaCli and MegaCli64 which also provide a lot of functionality, see kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle16516.aspx

I hope that information is helpful to you.

June 12th, 2012 09:00

The H700 chipset is LSI 2108. I believe that is close to the LSI card 9260.

115 Posts

June 12th, 2012 09:00

Hi Johnathon

which lsi controller is the h700 ?

MegaRAID SAS 8704 / 8708 / 8888 ?

Thanks for th above information it was very helpful and should give me what i need, i'm going t try the megacli first.

Regards

beag

No Events found!