Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2010 02:00

[PowerEdge Server] How send email about problem with disk connetedc by raid controller PERC 6/i

Hello

I'm looking for the tools what can help me to send email during the problem with disk or included RAID controler /PERC 6/i Adapter BIOS utility 1.22.02-0612/

Unfortunalety BIOS of controler /PERC 6/i doesn't inlude this functionality and DRAC6 too.

Any idea?

regards Piter

793 Posts

December 13th, 2010 16:00

Thanks for posting!  I suggest looking at IT Assistant on the downloads site, and watching the videos at support.dell.com/video under Servers and Storage -> Systems Management (click the plus) in the IT Assistant category.  The 4-part video will get it set up for you if you are using a supported OS on the server so you can install OMSA.

3 Posts

December 14th, 2010 04:00

Hello

Thanks for fantastics film about IT Assistant, many of progres with my configuration on the server but,
what I need to add/install to repare this sittuation:

1. On the IT Assistant View/Device, I see group server with unknown description and below that my name of servers discovered /all with the question mark incons/?

Detail about this servers are known only IP, discovery last and last status and last inventory, but  the system model type and service/asset tag and location N/A!

The discovered servers are instaled on the VMware ESXi4.1

2. On the IT Assistant View/Device the VMWare ESX Serves - empty , not dicovered

What should I install to dicover and monitor the VMWare ESXi4.1

/regards Piter

793 Posts

December 16th, 2010 16:00

You need to have OMSA installed on any server to get full information from ITA about it.  You will also need to have SNMP configured to send the traps to the ITA box.  I think that might be possible with ESXi, and it should be possible with ESX.  Check the other posts on this forum, I think there have been instructions posted on how to do it.

124 Posts

January 27th, 2011 03:00

Below is a link on enabling SNMP on ESXi.

http://www.it-book.co.uk/70/snmp-and-esxi-4-1

I have got SNMP working but am struggling to work out what OIDs to monitor for a disk failure - can anyone help?

Cheers,

Al

847 Posts

January 27th, 2011 06:00

Esx itself  can do this?   pretty sure....

I can look into it some.    We monitor our local disk raids (the one that boots esx) from the esx console itself under Hardware Status, under storage.   I would assume you can set up alerts on it.   Being an SMB we actually check our raids manually most days.

793 Posts

January 28th, 2011 16:00

If you want the OIDs for any of the Dell SNMP traps, you can download the "Dell MIBs for PowerEdge" from the Drivers and Downloads site.  Most 3rd party SNMP monitoring utilities can just import the MIB files and then they will understand all the Dell OIDs.

No Events found!