Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2015 08:00

R410 BMC update (solved)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with updating the BMC firmware. I decided to update the recent gotten server with the newest firmware and bios. With some problems I got it to work bios 1.0? -> 1.99, LCC and idrac updated also, but now is the problem the BMC. 

I cannot find much info regarding this. But I tried to use the Windows update, but that did not work, it gave this error 'This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration.'

I tried it on Centos 6, this did not work either and also gave this error: 'This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration.'

Update via IDRAC did not work either, but perhaps that was not the correct place to update "Gui IDRAC -> IDRAC settings -> update"

I'm sure the package belongs to my server, because it says to in the description. 

I got IDrac 6 Express & Enterprise. 

------

Asked this also at SpiceWorks, and it seems like bmc is taken over because of the IDRAC's

Awnser by Daniel(Dell):

Hello

If you have an iDRAC express installed then it will take the place of the BMC. The two do not operate side-by-side. You will update the iDRAC instead of the BMC.

Thanks

No Responses!
No Events found!