Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2014 13:00

R610 iDRAC. Integrated?

I've assigned a static IP configuration to several R610 via CTRL-E.  None of these machines have the optional iDRAC enterprise card installed.

For love or money, I cannot ping these machines, and I've tried everything.

However, my question is this.  Is iDRAC Express integrated into the R610?  I think it is but the evidence at the moment (several machines) suggests that it doesn't work.  We plan to purchase the Enterprise card shortly but it would be good to at least use the Express functionality until then.

Incidentally, EVERY server reports "No Active LOM found" at the moment.

Thanks.

• 

8.5K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 16:00

Hi markgu,

The R610 does come with the iDRAC6 express. Do you have NIC1 connected? That is the NIC it uses in shared mode. The enterprise upgrade adds support for the dedicated NIC port.

4 Posts

October 23rd, 2014 17:00

Hi Josh,

Many thanks for the confirmation.  Manuals and everything else I've read onine suggested that my understanding was correct, that iRDAC Express shipped with the R610 as standard.  However, having not worked on Dell before and being unable to get any of the iRDACs working I was beginning to wonder.  Thanks for the sanity check!

Yes, NIC1 one is connected and in shared mode.  I can also see some OS traffic when it's up so the NIC(s) is good.

Now I know that it should be working the first step will be a firmware upgrade of the platform using DRM to cover off any known issues - and I have read of some some issues with the installed iRDAC version, 1.70.21.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Mark

4 Posts

October 27th, 2014 07:00

Just to follow up.  The issue I was experiencing is covered and fixed here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/177/t/19378355

The no "No active LOM" issue was fixed by following the link posted by Fjan11

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hardware.dell.poweredge/42033

No Events found!