Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 3rd, 2022 14:00

R620 always power on

For the life of me, I cannot find a way to set this R620 server to automatically power on when power is applied.

The only setting I can find is to continue from the last power setting meaning that if I shut it down cleanly, it won't come up when power is applied because I shut it down. I certainly don't want to simply power it off causing the OS to crash just to get that last setting but it seems the only way.

Does anyone know where the setting is or if there is even one?

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

March 4th, 2022 01:00

You can set this attribute using racadm.

You need to first run below command to set the value to On

racadm set BIOS.SysSecurity.AcPwrRcvry On

Then you need to run below command to create a job for BIOS to apply the setting

racadm jobqueue create BIOS.Setup.1-1

After this you need to reboot the server to apply the job

• 

3.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2022 18:00

Hi, thanks for choosing Dell. Shine's absolutely spot on the troubleshooting, please follow accordingly and let us know.

March 4th, 2022 00:00

Hi, does this have to be done from BIOS or can it be done from idrac?

I see nothing for power recovery when AC comes back. There is one option in idrac called 'Power Status' in the Power/Thermal section to presumably turn the system on and off but nothing else for recovery.

March 4th, 2022 09:00

Alright, I've done this and have rebooted. Not sure how I can test without pulling the power or, if it works right, I should be able to shut down the server, unplug, plug back in and the server should come on.

• 

631 Posts

March 4th, 2022 09:00

Hi,

Yes, that is the best way to test it.

September 19th, 2022 20:00

is this applicable also to dell epc 5000 ? 

• 

3.1K Posts

September 20th, 2022 01:00

Hi @Abbey Gregorio,

May I know are you referring dell epc 2000 as in this product? https://dell.to/3DDCu6f. If yes, I will need to move your question to the correct product board to obtain proper answer.

No Events found!