Highlighted
col288
1 Nickel

Red X on Server Administrator Management software for Dell systems in ITA

Jump to solution

So I have installed ITA. I also have Openmange working. (Power edge 860)

It seems to work E.G. it sends me an email when I do someting like open chassis. Great.

However on the IT Assistant software on my Server (device) there is a red x. When I right click on this device and look at device details I see a red x. Here is what it says under the followign column headings.

Agent Global Status | Agent Name | Agent Manufacturer | Agent Version

(RED X) | (Server Administrator) | (Mang SW for Dell systems) | (Dell Inc.) | (6.5.0)

I'm not sure what its tell me is wrong .

Can anyone clarify this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Red X on Server Administrator Management software for Dell systems in ITA

Jump to solution

Col288,

The red X in the device list is indicating a Critical Condition detected on that device. If you go to Open Manage on the server, is it showing anything in the hardware log or that is showing any errors?

If not then go to ITA and do a status update refresh.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Col288,

The red X in the device list is indicating a Critical Condition detected on that device. If you go to Open Manage on the server, is it showing anything in the hardware log or that is showing any errors?

If not then go to ITA and do a status update refresh.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

col288
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Your on the money there.

So everything about the server is running fine. BUT the chasis cover is off. This is flagged. I put a heavy object on the button, then right clicked on the server name in the servers list, chose refresh status and it turned to a happy green check, mark. I have been using the Chasis status as a test when seting this up. Its easy to test if the email warning is working etc by just pushing the button and holding it for several seconds  and then releasing it. Then a few moments later get an email. Neat.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos