Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 23rd, 2020 13:00

Remote RACADM on Win10

Please excuse the (possibly) dumb question.

I have an R7515 with iDRAC 9 Express (4.20.20.20). I have been issuing RACADM commands by ssh'ing to the iDRAC controller (the CLI guide tells me this is 'Firmware RACADM'). However, I would like to run these commands (with specifying the iDRAC address and user, of course) from a Windows 10 workstation. I can't figure out what I need to download to achieve this. 

All the driver downloads for iDRAC tools that I can find are either for Windows Server or WinPE. Will one of these work on Windows 10?

Am I completely missing something here? Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

September 23rd, 2020 19:00

You can install iDRAC Tools on windows 10 and run remote racadm command to iDRAC. Latest iDRAC Tools is available at below location. iDRAC Tool is supported in Windows 10

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=2v013&oscode=ws19l&productcode=poweredge-r7515 

• 

3.1K Posts

September 23rd, 2020 19:00

Hi,

You would need a SSH application, I usually use Putty. First, confirm that you have done iDRAC IP configured, and you are able to ping the iDRAC IP. Once you have the SSH application install onto your Windows 10 workstation, use SSH (leave the SSH configuration as default), enter the iDRAC IP address, port 22. You would be able to login into iDRAC. Enter the username and password that you have configured for iDRAC. To use RACADM, type the command RACADM.

Here RACADM command list for your reference: https://dell.to/35YHqlD

Let me know if this is what you're trying to achieve. 

September 25th, 2020 08:00

Thank you. Although Win10 is not listed as a support OS on that download page, it does appear to work.

September 25th, 2020 08:00

Not sure I was clear enough in my post? I am currently accessing via SSH, as described in my post. 
Also, you can't actually (also don't need to) run the racadm command once you've SSH to the iDRAC port - you're already in RACADM by default.

11 Posts

September 30th, 2020 23:00

Thanks for your response. It is easier to me also to understand & execute it.

No Events found!