Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

26 Posts

September 25th, 2020 01:00

SCOM MP Version 7.2 with OMIMSSC not working

Hi, the mp is not updating the health state of the monitored servers.

scom 2019 RU1, OMIMSSC 7.2 appliance and 7.2 MP

Discovery set to 4h and Health state to 15min. 

Server and Rack Workstations monitoring (Licensed) Scalable feature in place and 2 Proxy Servers

Servers added in OMIMSSC are discovered in SCOM

As a test i pulled out the power cord of 1 of the 2 power supplies of an R440

After a few minutes the state of the server in OMIMSSC is changed to Critical.

In scom the server stays healthy.

So SCOM is not picking up changes in OMIMSSC.

What am i missing here?

• 

3.3K Posts

September 25th, 2020 05:00

Hello Charlez79,

I'm sorry to see SCOM is not picking up any status changes.

Could you update to OMIMSSC 7.2.1  and check results?

https://dell.to/3mQPtXs

Please let me know how it looks after the update.

26 Posts

September 25th, 2020 08:00

Where is the vmware version? I only see the hyper-v.

Why is the repo not updated with the latest version?

https://linux.dell.com/repo/omimssc-scom/latest/

• 

3.3K Posts

September 25th, 2020 10:00

Hello Charlez79,

I discussed this with one of our development engineers and he advised the reason it is not in the repo is that the one I provided was for SCCM and not SCOM as you are using. That was my error, I apologize.

We further discussed the actual issue SCOM is not receiving updates of the health state of the monitored servers, it was advised to contact Support to open a normal service case. It's possible configuration/environment issue or something that needs deep-dived to be understood.

46 Posts

September 27th, 2020 22:00

Hi @Charlez79 

Immediately after discovering a device from OMIMSSC dashboard and viewing the device in SCOM state view, you will be able to see initialized health state. After one hour post discovery, health updates will occur. Please check the SCOM state view again. This is by default so as to not overload the SCOM MS with health events from large number of devices at once immediately after discovery (say 100-150 devices)

After this one hour interval, the health polling will be as per the interval configured from the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration dashboard. 

regards,

Anjana

26 Posts

September 27th, 2020 23:00

Hi,

After 3 days the health state in SCOM is still healthy for the unhealthy server. Just like after discovery. I will open a case for this as suggested.

26 Posts

October 2nd, 2020 03:00

Hi,

Opened a case, fist response from Software support was this is a SCOM issue, please contact Microsoft, while not 1 log file was requested or anything. Asked them to look into this issue further, but now almost 1 week further and still no reaction from support.

I wonder why we have premium support?

• 

790 Posts

October 2nd, 2020 04:00

Hi Charlez79,

we can take a look at why there is no reply yet if we find the service request. Could you please provide the systems service tag and/or the service request number via private message. 
Let's see what we find out about your case.

• 

3.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2020 05:00

Hello Charlez79,

Could you private message me your service tag and/or SR number also in case Stefan is not online when you post.

• 

3.3K Posts

October 2nd, 2020 07:00

Hello Karl,

Thank you for the case number. I was able to review and looks like Assia emailed you earlier to inform you of the escalation to the backline. Please monitor for updates to that case.

74 Posts

October 4th, 2020 01:00

You are not missing anything

26 Posts

October 7th, 2020 23:00

Case open for 9 days, and 0,0 feedback.

Not happy!

• 

631 Posts

October 8th, 2020 00:00

Hello, we apologize for the wait.

I have informed the case owner, and the case owner should be in touch via email. Thank you for your patience. 

26 Posts

October 8th, 2020 05:00

Hi,

I received an with the message that it was forwarded to IPS.

br

Karl 

• 

3.3K Posts

October 8th, 2020 05:00

Hello Karl, 

I checked on the case and your case owner Assia has emailed you an update.  

Did you receive the email this morning?

Sent: 10/8/2020 3:49 AM
To: karl 
Subject: RE: Dell SR#xxxxxx- [ProNBD][ProNBD][ R440 - TAG#xxxxxx][Software reporting issue]

26 Posts

October 21st, 2020 07:00

Hi,

Can someone explain me how the alerting works using the OMIMSSC appliance in combination with SCOM MP 7.2?

I see that when adding a server to the OMIMSSC appliance, the ip of 1 of the proxyMS is added as snmp receiver in the idrac of the server. Are snmp traps sent to the proxyMS? But alerting in Idrac is not turned on???? So what is the point of that?

br

No Events found!