Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2012 08:00

Unable to create SUU folders from Repository Manager

I think I've seen this error before, but when I try to create a SUU directory of R710 4.10 updates, it starts downloading them but somewhere during the download process, I get the error:

SUU directory creation failed

SUU dorectory creation failed with error

Digital signature verification error for 'ftp://ftp.del.com/sas-hdd/FRMW_LX_R276749.BIN'

I don't recall what I did to fix this issue last year, but I did update to the newest version of Repository Manager today. Any ideas on what is going on?

Brian

892 Posts

March 20th, 2012 14:00

in the upper right corner of the screen, there is the floppy disc icon, the gear(?) and the question mark, if you click the gear, there is a setting for the proxy.

here is the previous 1.4 version: www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

and here is the one previous to that: www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

if you click the "other versions" dropdown instead of "download file", you can also see the previous versions to that. You will need to uninstall the current version to install an older version.

892 Posts

March 19th, 2012 13:00

Hi Brian, I just tested this from my house, seems to be working ok. Try this for me please, uninstall RM, if possible, reboot, then reinstall RM and try again. Let me know how it goes.

892 Posts

March 20th, 2012 08:00

So just to confirm, you are running RM v1.4.113 and not 1.4.104? Also, confirming, you are trying to create an SUU directory for the R710 using the Linux v410 bundle?

20 Posts

Nope. I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and I am still getting a Digital Signature verification error for that specific firmware file.

20 Posts

First part is correct.

Second part, I am grabbing both the Windows and Linux 410 bundles at the same time. I have always done this in the past.

This worked well for me until I upgraded to the newer RM.

20 Posts

March 20th, 2012 09:00

Done.

892 Posts

March 20th, 2012 09:00

Aight, I tested both bundles just now and all was ok as well.I have created a folder for you at http://dtxdropbox.dell.com username: repository password:cobz9z1m

on the failing system, please navigate to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\RepositoryManager\Log and upload the file called DellRepositoryManager_Server.svclog to the dropbox.

892 Posts

March 20th, 2012 12:00

So after looking at the log file, this is typically what we see when there is a proxy issue or a network connection issue. I would recommend trying another system, perhaps a laptop that can be tested from home and at work to see which works for you.

20 Posts

March 20th, 2012 14:00

We've always been on a Proxy and it was working on the older version (I downloaded the 400 versions with no issues) until I upgraded to this new Repository Manager. Is there a way I can change the Proxy in this new RM or where can I download an older version (I did not save the setup file from the old one).

20 Posts

March 26th, 2012 13:00

We've never had an issue with our proxy before, so I changed the proxy to one that allows more traffic and it worked without errors except for one time. When that error came back up, I re-ran the downloads and it went through.

892 Posts

March 26th, 2012 14:00

Thats very interesting, what is the difference in bandwith between the two proxies?

892 Posts

It may be worth getting them to check the speed on the "broken" proxy, it may be having problems they are not aware of or a BOT maybe hogging all the bandwith on that proxy as well. Ya never know :)

20 Posts

I'm not sure as I don't work in the network team, but what I find interesting is that I actually received all of the downloads for our 10 models in one day when on the older RM software, it took us one day to download all of the firmware for just 2-3 models. This process used to take 3-4 days to grab everything. Now, it took several hours. :)

Not sure if it was the new software or the change in proxy, but I am ecstatic!

No Events found!