Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 24th, 2013 14:00

Unable to open OMSA 7.1 after domain change

A few days ago I upgraded our PDC to e a new server.  Since then OMSA on two PowerEdge servers with Windows Server 2003 Std and OM 7.1 has stopped working.  I am not able to launch OMSA successfully.  When I launch it, IE opens but the OMSA page does not open. I get the error message unable to load the page. One server has IE 7 and the other IE8. I have also tried FoxPro w/o luck. 

I used the Repair function to re-install OM on one of the servers but it did not help. OMSA on two other servers with Windows Server 2008 R2 and IE9 kept working after the PDC change over. 

I think it's related to browser security. I have lowered the browser security to low for the Intranet zone but no luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

3 Posts

October 7th, 2013 10:00

Thank you for your reply Peter. I actually tried the steps you listed before posting here.  At this point i am thinking may be it has to do with the Group Policy. Any thoughts on that?

I actually opened a ticket with Dell but the tech was not able to help me at all.  He uninstalled and re-installed OM but that did not fix it. Now If there is any issue I won't even get an alert because alerts are no longer configured after the re-install.  May be I should look into CLI.  OM does have CLI, right?

Thanks again. 

272 Posts

October 7th, 2013 10:00

Have you tried the following steps to open port 1311?

They are also present in OMSA Release Notes @ ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-opnmang-srvr-admin-v7.1_Release%20Notes_en-us.pdf

Pasting the excerpts specific to WS2003 and IE:

Before starting Server Administrator, you must enable the client-side scripting in Internet Explorer. To do so, perform the following steps:

In Internet Explorer, navigate to the "Tools" menu.
Click "Internet Options".
Click the "Security" tab.
Select the security zone to which the system running Server Administrator belongs.   NOTE: This option should be set to "Trusted sites". 
Click the "Custom Level" button.

For Windows 2003, perform the following steps:

• Under "Miscellaneous", select the "Allow Meta Refresh" radio button.
  • Under "Active Scripting", select the "Enable" radio button.
  • Under "Active scripting", select the "Allow scripting of Internet Explorer web browser controls" radio button.

Click "OK" and restart your browser “

272 Posts

October 8th, 2013 13:00

OMSA does have CLI options.

You can find the Command Line Interface Guide for OpenManage Server Administrator at:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_software/esuprt_ent_sys_mgmt/dell-opnmang-srvr-admin-v7.2_Reference%20Guide_en-us.pdf

As to the source of your problems, I'm asking some folks at Dell if they've ever encountered similar issues.  Hope to hear something back from them soon.

3 Posts

October 8th, 2013 14:00

Thank you Peter. I got the CLI guide and will try it.  I appreciate your help. 

No Events found!