Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

May 14th, 2018 12:00

WsMan/Powershell: ESXI Retrieve IDRAC Firmware version W/out using DRAC Interface

Is it possible to retrieve the iDRAC Firmware version using the CIM Powershell Commandlets without connecting to the DRAC? 

I have been using the following resource for CIM Class Definitions:

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-6-0/index.jsp#com.vmware.wssdk.apiref.doc/vim.fault.MissingBmcSupport.html?resultof=%2522%252a%2562%256d%2563%252a%2522%2520

At this point the only information I have found related to the iDRAC has been the BMC Version using the following URI:

http://schema.omc-project.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/OMC_MCFirmwareIdentity

• 

8.5K Posts

May 14th, 2018 14:00

Hi,

What model servers are you trying to get the info for? There are some things to check here https://www.dell.com/community/Systems-Management-General/Problem-with-WSMAN-for-iDRAC-6/td-p/4142515

4 Posts

May 15th, 2018 10:00

I am trying to access the information on a R630 Server.  According to OMSA, iDRAC8 Version and LifeCycle Version are both at 2.10.10.10.

I will take a look at the link you provided. 

Thanks for the help.

4 Posts

May 15th, 2018 15:00

I took a look at the link you provided and it does not appear to be applicable to my issue.  The documentation seems to all relate to querying data from the iDRAC.   In my case I am attempting to query data from the OpenManage agent that was installed on the ESXi host.

When querying the available profiles from the root/interop namespace, I get the following list:

CimClass                                     registeredname     instanceid
--------                                     --------------     ----------
root/interop:VMware_GenericRegisteredProfile Job Control        VMware:SNIA:Job Control:1.1.0:0
root/interop:VMware_GenericRegisteredProfile Software Update    VMware:DMTF:Software Update:1.0.0:0
root/interop:VMware_GenericRegisteredProfile PCI Device         VMware:DMTF:PCI Device:1.0.0:0
root/interop:VMware_GenericRegisteredProfile Software Inventory VMware:DMTF:Software Inventory:1.0.0:0
root/interop:SFCB_RegisteredProfile          Indications        CIM:SFCB_IP
root/interop:DCIM_RegisteredProfile                             DCIM Tunnel Registration
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredSensorProfile     Sensors            omc:sensorProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredSoftwareInvent... Software Inventory omc:softwareInventoryProfile root/interop:OMC_RegisteredProfileRegistr... Profile Registr... omc:profileRegistrationProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredSystemMemoryPr... System Memory      omc:systemmemoryProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredRecordLogProfile  Record Log         IPMI:vmware-host SEL Log
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredCPUProfile        CPU                omc:cpuProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredFanProfile        Fan                omc:fanProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredBaseServerProfile Base Server        omc:baseServerProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredBatteryProfile    Battery            omc:batteryProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredPhysicalAssetP... Physical Asset     omc:physicalassetProfile
root/interop:OMC_RegisteredPowerSupplyPro... Power Supply       omc:powersupplyProfile
root/interop:VMware_PowerManagementServic... Power State Man... VMware:HostPowerManagement

I did find OMC_IPMIHostedIPProtocolEndpointAccessPoint which appears to give information related to the iDRAC IP. So I thought I might have been getting close, but as of this point I have been unable to determine where the firmware version might be located.

The iDRAC and LifeCycle Firmware version are both visible in the OMSA and OME Applications.  My assumption being this data is actually being collected by the application using CIM/WSMan. Hopefully you can help me identify the CIM Class they are using to collect that data.

No Events found!