Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2016 21:00

changing boot sequence with racadm

Hi all, I am trying to use racadm to change the UEFI boot order on dual boot nodes (windows and Linux). This works well with two JBODs using the racadm get bios.BiosBootSettings.UefiBootSeq and then set and then a reboot.

The customer wants to use two virtual disks from a raid 1 set on a H330 PERC. We can change the boot order successfully from the system setup but when we do a racadm get bios.BiosBootSettings.UefiBootSeq with this configuration both virtual disks show up as RAID.integrated.1-1 with no way to differentiate the two and therefore no way to change the boot order.

Any clues?

Phil.

615 Posts

June 16th, 2016 10:00

Are your virtual disks larger than 2TB?

If not you may need to change your boot mode to BIOS and then you can choose the number from the HddSeq list.

I may be totally wrong here so please take this with a grain of salt :)

Here is the racadm CLI manual:

topics-cdn.dell.com/.../idrac7-8-lifecycle-controller-v2.30.30.30_Reference Guide4_en-us.pdf

Search for the BIOS.BiosBootSettings section

2 Posts

June 16th, 2016 17:00

The VDs are small in this case, only about 135GB. racadm can see both of them on the boot list but it identifies them both with the same name so there is no way to differentiate them.

BTW if I change to BIOS boot mode then only the first VD is available for boot and shows up as drive C: in the boot list. The second VD is not visible.

4 Posts

December 8th, 2019 02:00

I am getting 404 error for the link provided.

No Events found!