ximraan
1 Nickel

dell r710 cannot connect to SSH centOS 7

I have a dell server r710. I have installed CentOS 7 in it, now I am trying to install Cpanel remotely but I cannot get access of my operating system via SSH, instead, i can log in with  Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 6 but I cannot login to  my operating system via SSH

how can I configure my server so that my operating system is accessible VIA SSH? please help

0 Kudos
8 Replies

RE: dell r710 cannot connect to SSH centOS 7

Hi,

Are you trying to SSH to the iDRAC or directly to the server’s IP address? Are you getting an error?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
ximraan
1 Nickel

Hi

Yes I need to connect directly through IP,  I can use idrac console to do that setup or directly from physical server but that the not solution. I need to connect to OS directly from putty SSH server. How can i do that? Thanks

0 Kudos

Have you installed the ssh packages? https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/SecuringSSH

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
ximraan
1 Nickel

No, can you please give me step by step guide line for connecting to my CentOS 7 from IP via SSH? I can install SSH in CentOS then what configuration or else I have to do to be able to successfully connect VIA SSH?

0 Kudos
ximraan
1 Nickel

Also if I configure direct SSH connection from IP, will still be able to connect my Idrac through IP? I don't want to lose my Idrac option. I need both

0 Kudos

You will be able to connect to both. For configuration https://www.openssh.com/manual.html

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
ximraan
1 Nickel

I am trying to install SSH but its saying no network connection

seems nmcli d comment saying that em1 to em4 is ethernet unavailable. loopback is unmanaged

I am using dedicated IDRAC 6 enterprise, is it I use the wrong port to connect my ethernet cable? if yes which one is a correct port for using IDRAC dedicated setting and the internet for my CentOS 7. thanks

0 Kudos
ximraan
1 Nickel

I resolve this issue and installed open SSH and configuared port 22

but still cannot get access of OS directly from putty, its always taking me to the Idrac SSH login page

0 Kudos