Highlighted
KKBaSS
2 Bronze

dell_vc_plugin (3 host license) & R610 + 2 2950III

I am apparently having some issues with the dell_vc_plugin (licensed for 3 nodes) latest version. All 3 hosts are running on esxi/vcenter 5.1.u1. The hosts are an R610 & 2 2950III. All 3 are running OMSA72 (verified working). I add all 3 servers to the connection profile, then try to make them compliant & it says "there are selected hosts that are not assigned to a connection profile. to allow dell management plug-in to run a compliance check, you must add these hosts to a connection profile. if you choose to continue these hosts will be excluded from the wizard.". I tried it with just the R610 in the connection profile (which passes btw) and the compliance wizard still says the previous error. Now don't tell me "upgrade all the firmware/bios/drivers/etc on all 3 nodes to get this to work" since part of the point of the dell_vc_plugin *IS* to do that.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KKBaSS
2 Bronze

Re: dell_vc_plugin (3 host license) & R610 + 2 2950III

I have since updated to 1.7, & now it no longer recognizes any of the servers, be it the 11th gen R610 or the older 2950... I removed vcenter & readded it through the dellvcplugin web interface to no avail. I noticed the plugin still shows 1.6 build 47 within the viclient though, even after re-registering.

0 Kudos