Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

26 Posts

October 7th, 2020 23:00

how to remove faulty OMIMSSC jobs?

Hi, I had 1 job that failed directly after adding in OMIMSSC. No idea why.

So i added the server again, again failed with other job name. Failed agian.

Adding server 3th time discovery was successfull in OMIMSSC.

Now there are 3 jobs for 1 server, i would like to remove the 2 faulty jobs.

This seems not possible, how to remove those faulty jobs?

• 

2.1K Posts

October 8th, 2020 06:00

Hi,

I think this could be the reason why the job failed. " If multiple jobs are submitted simultaneously to the same device, the jobs fail. Hence, ensure that you schedule jobs for same device at different times." related link: https://dell.to/30KmgUO

Can you see any clear or remove button under Generic tab not under Running or History tab?

Please ensure you have local administrative privileges on the management server. Enable the Windows firewall rules. Wait for five minutes before you log in as an Admin so that all services are initiated.
Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to work on OMIMSSC. If you can share screenshots me and other friends on the forum can try to help.

Let us know if this helps!

26 Posts

October 12th, 2020 23:00

hi,

no there is no clear or remove button under Generic tab not under Running or History tab.

It's a connection to an idrac, so no firewall involved. 

Now the only thing i can do is redeploy the appliance and start over from scratch.

There should be a possibility to remove a job.

Karl

• 

2.1K Posts

October 13th, 2020 01:00

Hi, let me escalate this case and try to find out a way to remove a job. I'll inform you when I get any reply.

• 

2.1K Posts

October 13th, 2020 23:00

Hi again,

I have some answers as below;

First of unfortunately there is no way to clean up jobs. We can send it as an Engineering request to add deleting jobs as a feature.

What we'd like to have to able to do this:

1) What version of OMIMSSC? There is the SCOM version and the SCCM/SCVMM version.

2) A service tag to attach the request to. (Please send service tag to me as a private message)

46 Posts

October 14th, 2020 23:00

Hi @Charlez79 

Unfortunately at present the created job cannot be deleted. From your message it seems like the first two jobs might have failed due to incorrect credentials. Are all three jobs for the same iDRAC IP?

As a way to clean up at present, you can delete the discovered server (3rd time successful) by selecting its iDRAC IP from the Server View under Monitoring tab on the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard. This effectively clears the discovery jobs associated with that server's iDRAC IP address and should delete the first two jobs also. 

Once the deletion has completed, you would need to re-discover the server. 

Thanks and regards,

Anjana

26 Posts

October 14th, 2020 23:00

Hi,

The cause was not failed credentials, the profile was set correctly. Yes, 3 times same idrac. (same ip).

Also removing the discovered server does not help, only the success full job is removed. Previous old faulty jobs are not removed, they stay.

45 Posts

May 11th, 2021 03:00

Hi,

did you find a way to remove those jobs ? We have run into the same issue and no suitable solution was provided.

Thanks

• 

2.1K Posts

May 11th, 2021 05:00

Hi,
I did some research I found this information "If multiple jobs are submitted at the same time to the same server, the jobs fails. Therefore, ensure that you schedule jobs at different times."
Can you check that on pages 54 and 84; https://dell.to/3y2j2Lg

Hope this will helps!

45 Posts

May 11th, 2021 06:00

Hi Erman,

thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, the documentation is not correct as there is no "Cancel" button on that screen. See my other thread on this topic which also has got screenshots:
https://www.dell.com/community/Microsoft-SCCM-SCOM-OpenManage/Deleting-discoveries-from-OMIMSSC/td-p/7821839

Thorsten

• 

2.1K Posts

May 11th, 2021 07:00

Hi Thorsten, thank you for the information, I also read that thread. Actually, I think it should be very simple, but for some reason it does not exist. Especially in the screenshot of your first post, the checkbox is checked, but a method to remove the selected item is not specified. Unfortunately, I do not have a lab connection where I can actively work on it. But I'm doing a lot of research because it feels like it has to be done somehow. I feel stuck at this point. Can you take a look at this? https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/it-it/omimssc-sccm-scvmm-v7.2.1/omimssc-v7.2.1-sccm-scvmm-ug/deleting-servers-from-omimssc?guid=guid-930f1161-ce49-44fa-a4a5-38f18416004e&lang=en-us 

45 Posts

May 17th, 2021 04:00

Hi @Dell-ErmanO 

the linked document is for a different appliance which has the same name but connects into SCCM/SCVMM. We are using the OMIMSSC appliance which connects into SCOM.

The option to remove stale discovery jobs is just not there. I know that a newer version of the appliance is scheduled for July 2021. It would be great if you can check if this issue will be fixed as well

Thanks
Thorsten

• 

2.1K Posts

May 17th, 2021 06:00

Hi Thorsten, unfortunately, I could not find more information on the other thread than Anjana said. I found that but I think you are already checking them. https://dell.to/33NmJ9Z

Delete Dell EMC devices from OMIMSSC

1. On the SCOM console, in the left pane, click Monitoring.
  2. Click Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Views > OpenManage Integration Dashboard.
  3. Log in to OMIMSSC as an administrator.
  4. Select Monitoring and select the device type that you want to delete. For example, to delete a server, click View Servers.
    A list of devices that are monitored by OMIMSSC is displayed.
  5. In the  View page, select the device.
  6. Click Delete.
  7. When prompted, click Yes.
A job is started to delete the device from OMIMSSC. To view the status of the job, see the Jobs and Logs page. The deletion process takes a few minutes.
NOTE If the delete operation is triggered from the SCOM console, then it takes one discovery cycle to delete the object.

45 Posts

May 27th, 2021 06:00

@Dell-ErmanO @AnjanaRM 

we now have the situation that one of my colleagues has added a bunch of incorrect systems (ip addresses). Because of that no systems were discovered and we cannot delete the discovery from the list of found systems. We can see all of the incorrect systems in the scheduler and there is no way to remove them.

So what do we do ?

2.9K Posts

May 27th, 2021 12:00

I did some looking and spoke to a colleague about it because of what I found, but it looks like the only option would be to redeploy the tool, which may take a fair bit of effort. I've been advised that they're going to bring this to the attention of the devs, but I can't comment on what will be done, or when. That information is outside what I have access to.

45 Posts

July 22nd, 2021 08:00

I've just upgraded the appliance to version 7.3 and there is still no option to do that. How do we get that added as a feature request for the next version update ?

Thanks

No Events found!