Systems Management General

Last reply by 07-22-2021 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

how to remove faulty OMIMSSC jobs?

Hi, I had 1 job that failed directly after adding in OMIMSSC. No idea why.

So i added the server again, again failed with other job name. Failed agian.

Adding server 3th time discovery was successfull in OMIMSSC.

Now there are 3 jobs for 1 server, i would like to remove the 2 faulty jobs.

This seems not possible, how to remove those faulty jobs?

Replies (16)

Hi,

I think this could be the reason why the job failed. " If multiple jobs are submitted simultaneously to the same device, the jobs fail. Hence, ensure that you schedule jobs for same device at different times." related link: https://dell.to/30KmgUO

Can you see any clear or remove button under Generic tab not under Running or History tab?

Please ensure you have local administrative privileges on the management server. Enable the Windows firewall rules. Wait for five minutes before you log in as an Admin so that all services are initiated.
Unfortunately, I do not have the opportunity to work on OMIMSSC. If you can share screenshots me and other friends on the forum can try to help.

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

hi,

no there is no clear or remove button under Generic tab not under Running or History tab.

It's a connection to an idrac, so no firewall involved. 

Now the only thing i can do is redeploy the appliance and start over from scratch.

There should be a possibility to remove a job.

Karl

Hi, let me escalate this case and try to find out a way to remove a job. I'll inform you when I get any reply.

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
#Iwork4Dell

Hi again,

I have some answers as below;

First of unfortunately there is no way to clean up jobs. We can send it as an Engineering request to add deleting jobs as a feature.

What we'd like to have to able to do this:

1) What version of OMIMSSC? There is the SCOM version and the SCCM/SCVMM version.

2) A service tag to attach the request to. (Please send service tag to me as a private message)

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
#Iwork4Dell

3 Silver

Hi @Charlez79 

Unfortunately at present the created job cannot be deleted. From your message it seems like the first two jobs might have failed due to incorrect credentials. Are all three jobs for the same iDRAC IP?

As a way to clean up at present, you can delete the discovered server (3rd time successful) by selecting its iDRAC IP from the Server View under Monitoring tab on the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Dashboard. This effectively clears the discovery jobs associated with that server's iDRAC IP address and should delete the first two jobs also. 

Once the deletion has completed, you would need to re-discover the server. 

Thanks and regards,

Anjana

Hi,

The cause was not failed credentials, the profile was set correctly. Yes, 3 times same idrac. (same ip).

Also removing the discovered server does not help, only the success full job is removed. Previous old faulty jobs are not removed, they stay.

Hi,

did you find a way to remove those jobs ? We have run into the same issue and no suitable solution was provided.

Thanks

Hi,
I did some research I found this information "If multiple jobs are submitted at the same time to the same server, the jobs fails. Therefore, ensure that you schedule jobs at different times."
Can you check that on pages 54 and 84; https://dell.to/3y2j2Lg

Hope this will helps!

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
#Iwork4Dell

Hi Erman,

thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, the documentation is not correct as there is no "Cancel" button on that screen. See my other thread on this topic which also has got screenshots:
https://www.dell.com/community/Microsoft-SCCM-SCOM-OpenManage/Deleting-discoveries-from-OMIMSSC/td-p...

Thorsten

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor