Systems Management General

Last reply by 07-22-2021 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

how to remove faulty OMIMSSC jobs?

Hi, I had 1 job that failed directly after adding in OMIMSSC. No idea why.

So i added the server again, again failed with other job name. Failed agian.

Adding server 3th time discovery was successfull in OMIMSSC.

Now there are 3 jobs for 1 server, i would like to remove the 2 faulty jobs.

This seems not possible, how to remove those faulty jobs?

Replies (16)

Hi Thorsten, thank you for the information, I also read that thread. Actually, I think it should be very simple, but for some reason it does not exist. Especially in the screenshot of your first post, the checkbox is checked, but a method to remove the selected item is not specified. Unfortunately, I do not have a lab connection where I can actively work on it. But I'm doing a lot of research because it feels like it has to be done somehow. I feel stuck at this point. Can you take a look at this? https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/it-it/omimssc-sccm-scvmm-v7.2.1/omimssc-v7.2.1-sccm-scvmm-ug/de... 

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Hi @Dell-ErmanO 

the linked document is for a different appliance which has the same name but connects into SCCM/SCVMM. We are using the OMIMSSC appliance which connects into SCOM.

The option to remove stale discovery jobs is just not there. I know that a newer version of the appliance is scheduled for July 2021. It would be great if you can check if this issue will be fixed as well

Thanks
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, unfortunately, I could not find more information on the other thread than Anjana said. I found that but I think you are already checking them. https://dell.to/33NmJ9Z

Delete Dell EMC devices from OMIMSSC

1. On the SCOM console, in the left pane, click Monitoring.
  2. Click Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Views > OpenManage Integration Dashboard.
  3. Log in to OMIMSSC as an administrator.
  4. Select Monitoring and select the device type that you want to delete. For example, to delete a server, click View Servers.
    A list of devices that are monitored by OMIMSSC is displayed.
  5. In the <Device type> View page, select the device.
  6. Click Delete.
  7. When prompted, click Yes.
A job is started to delete the device from OMIMSSC. To view the status of the job, see the Jobs and Logs page. The deletion process takes a few minutes.
NOTE If the delete operation is triggered from the SCOM console, then it takes one discovery cycle to delete the object.

Thanks,

Erman Özkurt
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

@Dell-ErmanO @AnjanaRM 

we now have the situation that one of my colleagues has added a bunch of incorrect systems (ip addresses). Because of that no systems were discovered and we cannot delete the discovery from the list of found systems. We can see all of the incorrect systems in the scheduler and there is no way to remove them.

So what do we do ?

I did some looking and spoke to a colleague about it because of what I found, but it looks like the only option would be to redeploy the tool, which may take a fair bit of effort. I've been advised that they're going to bring this to the attention of the devs, but I can't comment on what will be done, or when. That information is outside what I have access to.

#Iwork4Dell

I've just upgraded the appliance to version 7.3 and there is still no option to do that. How do we get that added as a feature request for the next version update ?

Thanks

Hello,

I can submit a feature request on your behalf, but unfortunately, I can't promise when or that it would be implemented.

#Iwork4Dell
Latest Solutions
Top Contributor