Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 11th, 2014 02:00

iDRAC 7 Express Licensing issue ??

Could someone help me to solve the problem along the iDRAC7 issue..please ?

Thank You

13 Posts

June 11th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

You will not get most of the iDRAC features with Basic Management mode.

Please go though this whitepaper to understand more about License offerings from Dell:

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-components-postattachments/00-20-06-78-92/iDRAC7_5F00_Licensing_5F00_White_5F00_Paper_5F00_incl_5F00_ValueLine.pdf

Regards,

Sushma

13 Posts

Hi Jamshedduin,

From the snapshot you have sent,  I can see that iDRAC is in Basic Management mode. Please explain the issue you are facing in detail so that we can help you.

Regards,

Sushma

Hi,

In my R420 Server I have installed esxi 5.1 customized image (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.1.0-799733.x86_64-Dell_Customized_RecoveryCD_A00.iso )

Installation of ESXi and Configuration of iDRAC 7 network are completed.Then when we login to the iDRAC-7 then see there are no Data about the server instead show the above attached pic.

(Sorry, I don't know about that it is with Express or Basic Management (IPMI) )

I have worked with r720,r710 and Blade server but never seen this issue.

Please ??

Thank You.

13 Posts

June 11th, 2014 03:00

Hi,

You can utilize the external, self-help License Management portal to obtain a license which will enable all the iDRAC features and In order to access the License Management portal, an account is required. To set up an account, please go to www.dell.com/support/retail/lkm  .

Once you have the license, either express or enterprise, you should get the features in iDRAC GUI and other iDRAC CLI interfaces.

Regards,

Sushma

June 11th, 2014 03:00

Hi Sushmab ,

If my server came with "Basic Management" then I should get the below service minimum..

• Basic hardware management via IPMI 2.0
  • Text-based console redirection
  • Embedded diagnostics
  • Embedded OS installation tools

[  source: http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?&docid=578090  ]

As you have seen the above pic then could you please tell me where the issue ?

Thanks again

June 11th, 2014 04:00

Hi,

oww. I have to purchase the license .
Along "Basic Management" mode won't I get any features ?

Thanks..

No Events found!