Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 7th, 2016 04:00

iDRAC Warnings

Hi,

on my R730xd server i receive iDRAC erro messages:

USR0175
The Front Panel USB Port Over Current is detected for the attached device on Disk.USBFront.1.

No USB device has been attached or detached to this server but the errors popup every day.  after some hours the next messages appears

USR0176
The Front Panel USB Port Over Current condition is cleared for the attached device Disk.USBFront.1.

Again nothing has been done to the server.

does anybody knows if this is an firmware issue or something like that, or is something else going on?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 7th, 2016 12:00

Hello.

USR0175

The Front Panel USB Port Over Current is detected for the attached device on Disk.USBFront.1.

It is likely that there is a device attached to USB 1 on the front panel of your server. This error is normally triggered when a device attached on a given USB port is drawing more current than supported by the port. Next time the error stays, re-insert the USB device and observe whether the error message persists and if so try another port or device.

USR0176

The Front Panel USB Port Over Current condition is cleared for the attached device Disk.USBFront.1.

Ignore this error message as the the USB port is now drawing just a good amount of current for its normal operation.

Thank you.

September 8th, 2016 01:00

Hello Robert,

I am trying to get this verified from the guys in the datacenter. Is this port for a specific device to be used?

the only thing i can imagine is that it's used for Keyboard or mouse, but could that be the problem?

gr Peter

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 8th, 2016 08:00

Not necessarily a specific device attached to USB 1 port. Re-seating the connection may stop the error from occurring.

No Events found!