A

22 Posts

August 20th, 2019 17:00

iDRAC card does not show in "NIC Selection" dropdown

R420

iDRAC 7 Enterprise

BIOS 2.6.0

Firmware: 2.60.60.60

Goal is to switch from shared iDRAC network interface to dedicated.

I inherited this remote R420 server and notice the iDRAC shares the network interface with data traffic. The "NIC Selection" dropdwon in the iDRAC web interface is LOM1. The remote admin told me there is a dedicated iDRAC port and I asked him to plug it in to the network. I then reset the iDRAC. However, after the iDRAC reboots, I still can't see "Dedicated" as one of the selections in the "NIC Selection" dropdown. I also rebooted the server and boot into the System Setup > iDRAC > Network, and there are only two options: LOM1 & LOM2.I also tried to remove the enterprise license and reapply it. Still only two LOMs showing up.

How can I switch to the dedicated iDRAC port?

Thanks,

• 

8.4K Posts

August 21st, 2019 06:00

Acpp,

As seen below, Dedicated is an available option under Network on the iDrac Settings page. 

Capture.PNG 

If Dedicated is not showing, and you do have the license loaded, then there may be an issue with the ports card (shown below). I would suggest that you look into reseating the card to start with.

port_card.jpg

Let me know what you see, as well as if you are getting any link lights or anything on that port.

22 Posts

August 22nd, 2019 15:00

Thanks, Chris. Let me talk to my remote admin and update.

No Events found!