Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 10th, 2010 14:00

iDRAC6 Connection Failed when trying Connect to Virtual Console

Hi All -

I have built an ESXi 4 host and have setup the DRAC.  I can get to the DRAC and cruise around in there however when I try to launch a virtual console, I recieve connection failed.  Any idea on why I cannot get the console to launch?  Thank you in advance.

793 Posts

September 10th, 2010 17:00

Thanks for posting!  Usually if the console won't launch, the ActiveX plugin is not installing, or the ports 5900 and 5901 are blocked.  If you don't see the ActiveX plugin download, make the DRAC a trusted site and then set that zone to allow all ActiveX activity without prompting.  If you think the port might be blocked, plug a crossover cable directly into the DRAC and try connecting from a system connected directly to the DRAC.

44 Posts

September 13th, 2010 07:00

Hi There!

Thank you so much for your reply.  The following worked, don't know why I did not think of that on my own, this ESXi stuff for some reason is making me think all issues are specifically due to ESXi... "If you don't see the ActiveX plugin download, make the DRAC a trusted site and then set that zone to allow all ActiveX activity without prompting." 

4 Posts

February 23rd, 2015 21:00

i am facing same issue, and Its downloading Java application when trying to Lunch Its saying connection fail.

No Events found!