Farhan221
1 Nickel

iDRAC6 Virtual Console connection failed after motherboard replacement

We have a Poweredge R510 with iDRAC6 Enterprise v2.90 which we can no longer connect to using the virtual console. This issue started when the motherboard was replaced due to a faulty temperature sensor.

I am using the same method of connecting as I was before - using javaws on Fedora 27. I have also tried using a Windows machine with the same result. The error I get is "Connection Failed". I have tried clearing cache, reinstalling java, and enabling SSLv3 etc. 

I'm pretty sure this isn't a client side issue as this was working fine before the motherboard replacement.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: iDRAC6 Virtual Console connection failed after motherboard replacement

Hi,

Did you move the idrac enterprise license from the old system board to the new board?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Farhan221
1 Nickel

I did not. I don't see an option anywhere to export/import a license either.

0 Kudos
Farhan221
1 Nickel

Any help on this? 

0 Kudos

It is part of this board, was it moved to the new system board? http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_poweredge/poweredge-r510_o... Page 135

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
Farhan221
1 Nickel

Speaking to the engineer who did the replacement, it was not moved to the new board. Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Farhan221
1 Nickel

We were sent a new iDRAC enterprise card which was installed but still get the same error as before..

0 Kudos
Farhan221
1 Nickel

Just for anyone else with this problem.. To get this to work I had to downgrade java to version 7u51 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html and also set the security level to medium.
I'm not sure why a motherboard replacement would have required this but it is working now.

0 Kudos