I have applied the iDRAC 7 update 1.51.51 to two of my R720's and I can no longer log in to the DRAC using IE. If I use Firefox I can log in. We were running 1.46.45 prior to this update and it worked from IE. Has anyone else seen this issue?
I am able to log into DRAC web gui on dracs running 1.51.51 using IE 11 (requires adding the IP to compatibility mode)
We are running IE9 still. I did add the drac to the compatibility view list but when I try to log in it just bounces back to the log in screen with no warnings or errors.
I too am having this issue after updating our iDRAC to 1.51.51. I can't login with IE or Chrome, it just comes back to the login prompt. It seems like the same issue I had with OMSA 7.3, before they finally fixed it in 18.104.22.168. In that case, the system didn't like special characters in the password, however there aren't any non-alphanumeric characters in the password for the iDRAC so i'm not sure what the issue is here.
After I try it several times, it locks up the controller with "
OK, so I don't know what's causing it, BUT at least I think I have a work around.
The issue, at least in my case, seems to be because I am referring my iDRAC by a DNS/HOSTNAME instead of just an IP address. For example:
My iDRAC's IP address is 10.0.9.126, but I have a DNS record named 'RAC-GIS2' that points to that IP. I just type in the name into the browser to access it so I don't have to remember the 30+ IP's of our RACs. If I use the name, it doesn't work, if I just use the IP address, it works (both Chrome and IE9). I tried it on an IE11 machine and did still have to put it in the compatibility mode to work properly as was stated by another, but even in IE11 it doesn't work by name, only IP address.
Anyway, there is a work around until they can fix it. Luckily I've only updated just the one so far, guess I'll hold off on the rest.
Yep just using the IP worked for me as well. I really don't like the idea of needing to lookup the IP address of my DRACs everytime I need to acecss them. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.
Just a note of caution. You may want to be wary of installing 1.51.51. I installed it on 3 R720s, and all of the DRACs on them immediately stopped communicating. As soon as I rolled back to 1.46.45, all was fine again. Dell is looking into it, but FYI, to maybe save someone the headaches I had.
iDRAC 7 v1.51.51 has a couple or three bugs that, according to my conversations with their techs, may be addressed in this month's update that is scheduled for release this week (Mar 10-16). Fixes should include...
1. When connecting to the iDRAC using IE, the iDRAC will refuse to authenticate if DNS shortname is used in the browser. Will only authenticate against FQDN or IP (we have seen this with IE9 and above) 2. Invalid or failed sessions are counted as valid by the iDRAC as valid, and you will see an error message indicating that there are no available connections. (This can be worked around by connecting to the iDRAC IP by SSH and either resetting connections or whole iDRAC) 3. OME Inventory issues. (Not seen this personally but it appears in this thread and should also be addressed by Dell through the update)
I dropped Dell an email this morning to see where they are with releasing the update. I'll report back later. In the meantime, good luck, y'all and enjoy the workarounds.