Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2010 04:00

r710 power edge

i have power edge r710 server . i have recd 2nos dvd along with the server . one is dell mangement console and other one is system management tools and documentation. please confirm me this cd contains following utilities or not
1)SERVER AND RAID CONTROLLER MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING UTILITIES WITH EVENT LOGGING FOR TROUBLESHOOTING.
2)SERVER CONFIGURATION AND SOFTWARE INTEGRATION, SERVER MANAGEMENT RAID CONFUGURATION
3) WITH MULTI PLATFORM SUPPORT EVENT LOGGING AND TROUBLE SHOOTING

waiting ur reply

best rgds

342 Posts

March 4th, 2010 11:00

Yes, the 2nd disc you mentioned (SMTD) - has all the tools and utilities. At a minimum to start, install the OMSA agent on the server with the storage option to get the raid monitoring and configuration functionality, along with remote management capability through the browser.

What are you specifically looking to accomplish ? You can also use the SMTD CD to boot the system and aid in the installation and configuration of the system. It will walk through a RAID config during the setup.

Hope this gets you started in the right direction, I'm sure you'll have many more questions, we'll be here.
No Events found!