Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2009 12:00

which file to download and and name as firming.d5????

If the firmware reported by the DRAC card does not match the newest firmware on the www.support.dell.com page, update it. To update the firmware, download the latest firmware image (named “firmimg.d5”) from the www.support.dell.com link described previously. Then, in the DRAC GUI, navigate to the Remote Access page and click the Update tab. Click the Browse button on this page and select the firmware image you just downloaded. Then click the Update button.

HERE AM CONFUSED TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE TO UPGRADE WHILE SEARCHING IN THE DELL WEBSITE I GOT SOME .EXE FILES ,I DOWNLOADED THAT AND CHANGED THE NAME AS FIRMIMG.D5..........I NEED TO KNOW WHETHER IT WILL WORK OR NOT WHEN NEEDED TO UPGRADE.......

IF NO PLS TELL ME WHICH FILE TO DOWNLOAD FOR DRAC 5 FIRMWARE UPGRADTION.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.....

November 25th, 2009 10:00

can any1 pls help me on this.....

November 27th, 2009 12:00

anyone pls help...

November 27th, 2009 12:00

I have downloaded few DRAC firmware but they were in .exe format....when I doubled clicked it then I got installed.......and I searched in your site for uodating the firmware n got the info to download firmimg.d5 file to update the DRAC.

so,here I need help to download the correct firmware for DRAC 5 v 1.40......need help urgently...

342 Posts

November 30th, 2009 07:00

Sorry for such a late reply. Thanksgiving holidays and everyone has been out on vacation.

If you are uploading from within the DRAC web interface, it is looking for the image file that is extracted from the package when you select "Operating System : Not Applicable" - from the support site. This is an .EXE file, you run it and then select a directory to extract. Looking in that directory you will then see the firmware image file which is the source for the upload/update.

Which exact system is this ? I can help point you to the right file and give some more detailed step by step instructions, if you haven't already updated the system.

For example - for the 2950 here is the package - http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz&releaseid=R209365&SystemID=PWE_2950&servicetag=&os=NAA&osl=en&deviceid=8735&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=6&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=5&libid=36&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=293703

Extract that package to a folder and it will contain the "firmimg.d5" file.

Hope that helps.

No Events found!