Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

July 12th, 2016 13:00

Another instance of suu is already running?!?

Hi,

I used Repository manager to create an SUU file and on one of my servers, the file wont' install.  I run the suulauncher file and it inventories the server fine.  It finds 5 things that need to be updated.

When I click Upgrade, it gives me an error that another instance of SUU is already running.  I rebooted the server and tried again and got the same error.

Can anyone help figure out what the problem is?  Server is running Windows Server 2012.

The invcolOutput.log file shows the following:

July 13th, 2016 01:00

Hi,

This might be due to creation of suu lock file and below are the steps to delete the same.

On systems running Windows operating systems, open the Windows Task Manager, click the Applications tab, and check if SUU is running. If no other instances of SUU are running, then SUU may have encountered an abrupt shutdown for some reason. This results in the creation of lock files. To delete these lock files on systems running Windows operating system, navigate to the <%systemdrive%>:\dell\suu directory and delete the suu.lck file

Please refer SUU UG for more information.

thanks,

Palani Raja

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

July 13th, 2016 08:00

The only files I have in the C:\Dell\SUU folder are:

invcolOutput.log
PMInfo.properties
support.log.0

I do not see anything related to SUU in Task Manager.

Tried it again and got the same error.

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

July 18th, 2016 14:00

I booted into the Lifecycle Controller and was able to install updates through that with no problems.  I went back into Windows and ran the SUU program and it found a driver that still needed to be updated.  I clicked to start the Upgrade and immediately for the same error again that an SUU was already running.

There's definitely not anything else running so I don't know why this wouldn't be working.

When I check the Dell/SUU folder while the error is still on the screen I see the Lock file.  But as soon as the program closes the lock file goes away on its own.

Any other suggestions?

1 Message

November 7th, 2016 02:00

Hello,

i have the same Problem, do you find a solution?

November 7th, 2016 05:00

Hi,

suu lock file may create this issue and below are the steps to delete the same.

On systems running Windows operating systems, open the Windows Task Manager, click the Applications tab, and check if SUU is running. If no other instances of SUU are running, then SUU may have encountered an abrupt shutdown for some reason. This results in the creation of lock files. To delete these lock files on systems running Windows operating system, navigate to the <%systemdrive%>:\dell\suu directory and delete the suu.lck file

If you are still facing the issue please provide support.log.0 for further analysis

thanks,

Palani Raja

1 Message

August 10th, 2017 06:00

I also got this error, ans soon as i close the program, the suu.lck file disapper again.

Everytime i try to start suu, the error is back with another instance is already running, if i try to delete the suu.lck file before closing the program, is says the file is being used by another process and cannot be deleted.

No Events found!