Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 27th, 2017 14:00

BIOS install from BIOS recovery file during OSD

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but will try anyhow.

My college want to do BIOS configuration during OSD (image deployment with MDT) when preparing different Dell PC models to Win10, but I want to use the CCTK tool to do the configuration.

My college will make the necessary configuration manually and then do a BIOS backup, and then during OSD deployment make a recovery from the backup for each model. I want to use the tool CCTK in WinPE and then do one configuration at a time with the necessary commands/parameters for "Legacy to UEFI, Enable SecureBoot, Enable virtualization".
Which of these to suggestion would be best to prepare the BIOS to Windows 10 installation?

Best Regards,

Daniel Skaaning

3 Posts

August 17th, 2017 01:00

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your feedback.

What I meant by my question was I need to be able to tell him why we should use the backup/restore feature, and use the CCTK Tool instead? I have used that Tool before and yes it really does the job, but thats not a reason if he want to use backup/restore.

My koncern is that if we use backup/restore then each PC will have the same S/N maybe or something like that?

Hope you can answer this.

Best Regard,

Daniel Skaaning 

August 17th, 2017 01:00

Hi Daniel,

Please use Dell Command | Configure (CCTK) in WinPE as this will be fast and efficient. You can refer related documents here 

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/command-configure-v3.3/manuals

Thanks

-Tarun

#IWork4Dell

August 30th, 2017 21:00

Hi Daniel,

You can make best use of SCE file exported by Dell Command | Configure using SCCM. You can configure all your systems in one run without having overhead of backup/restore individual system.

Thanks

-Tarun

#IWork4Dell

No Events found!