This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2013 08:00

CCTK LCD Brightness,Password Change, Wake on LAN/WLAN

Hi,

Can CCTK change:

1. Security-->Password Change-->"Allow Non-Admin Password Changes"

2. Video--> LCD Brightness-->"Brightness On Battery" & "Brightness On AC"

3. Power Management-->Wake on LAN/WLAN-->

I don't see these BIOS options in the 2.2 Command Line Interface Reference Guide document.

I have a fairly large laptop deployment coming up (mostly Latitude), and the ability to change these settings would be great using a portable exe.

June 7th, 2013 03:00

Hi User20,

CCTK can do many of the things being requested.

1. It is possible to change or clear password

Eg. CCTK --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd=

2. Wake on lan

Refer to the help provided in the command CCTK -h wakeonlan

Refer to www.dell.com/.../dell-clnt-config-toolkit-v2.2 for more info.

3 Posts

June 7th, 2013 10:00

Hi Shrinidhi, 

Firstly, thank you for the prompt reply. Here is a screenshot of the "Allow Non-Admin Password Changes" setting.

Here is the entry for --setuppwd in the 2.2 reference guide

--setuppwd

Valid Argument

Description: Sets the setup password. An argument is required. The password cannot be reported.Initially you can set the password. If you want to remove the password, provide one blank space and the old password.

Example

To set the password:
C:\>cctk --setuppwd=

To change the password:
C:\>cctk --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd= password>

To remove the password:
C:\>cctk --setuppwd= --valsetuppwd=

Does --setuppwd apply to the "Allow Non-Admin Password Changes" checkbox setting ? 

Thanks

June 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi User20,

CCTK requires password for setting any value if Setup password has been set for consistency.

3 Posts

June 11th, 2013 11:00

Hi Shrinidhi,

I'm aware that CCTK requires the BIOS setup  password for changing settings. Since --setuppwd does not apply to the setting  "Allow Non-Admin Password Changes", is there any other way CCTK can change this, or planned to add this feature in future release ?

1 Message

March 6th, 2017 12:00

Hello User20 - I know this is a very old and probably stale post, but I was wondering if you ever got an answer to the "Allow Non-Admin Password Changes" issue with CCTK.  I'm in version 3.1.2 and am having the same issue.

4 Posts

May 16th, 2017 15:00

any answer for this, am need it as well.

May 29th, 2018 16:00

I need this feature, too. It's now 2018 and I have the latest cctk and cannot find any way with cctk to set the "allow non-admin password changes" option in the BIOS.

No Events found!