Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2011 15:00

Driver CAB's for Vostro?

I know that Vostro's are not enterprise business class systems, but our company has several of these Vosto desktops in our company we'd like to manage through SCCM. Is there any place I can find a driver CAB for Vostro systems (various models, including 430's and 460's)?

1.1K Posts

July 25th, 2011 13:00

Not at the moment as all CABs are currently targeted to only Enterprise class models. You can create your own driver CAB by using the same folder structure, by manually downloading and extracting the drivers and placing them in the appropriate folders. This will be easier to maintain going forward.

27 Posts

July 25th, 2011 14:00

"Not at the moment as all CABs are currently targeted to only Enterprise class models. You can create your own driver CAB by using the same folder structure, by manually downloading and extracting the drivers and placing them in the appropriate folders. This will be easier to maintain going forward. "
Any special software to create the cab or just using windows to extract all and to the correct path?

1.1K Posts

No special software since it's now a manual process. The only thing that the Dell cabs do is trim the driver files of non-essential stuff. If you don't need the drivers to be "lean and mean" then you can use them in their current form (downloaded and extracted).

22 Posts

Thanks Warren, appreciate the info. Yes, this is what I did. I was hoping that there was one available to save a little time, but I was able to create my own. Thanks!

27 Posts

July 26th, 2011 08:00

"No special software since it's now a manual process. The only thing that the Dell cabs do is trim the driver files of non-essential stuff. If you don't need the drivers to be "lean and mean" then you can use them in their current form (downloaded and extracted)."
Just curious as I'm struggling to get the Vostro1014 to work with our OSD with SCCM. For some reason the OSD Fails and when I boot into windows we are presented with "The Filed 'Rtenicxp.sys' on Realtek 10/100/1000 Nic Family all in one NDIS Driver needed." I can easily browse to the path and install, however none of my programs are installed becuase I believe its failing at the nic driver install so therefor does not install any programs because prolly no ip address.

27 Posts

July 26th, 2011 09:00

"No special software since it's now a manual process. The only thing that the Dell cabs do is trim the driver files of non-essential stuff. If you don't need the drivers to be "lean and mean" then you can use them in their current form (downloaded and extracted)."
Another thing I noticed with the Vostro 1014 is that if I have the drive set to ATA image never applies, BSOD on reboot. If I have set to AHCI it will apply most of the image, however none of the programs install I belive because the Network Driver does not install.
We are trying to install XP SP3 on a vostro 1014
No Events found!