Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2015 06:00

Is there a standalone client to launch remote consoles ?

Hi there

currently I'm struggling to navigate through all the HTTP GUIs to launch remote console to the servers I want. I can see this is java based app that donwloads automatically when I click to start remote console.

But was wondering if there is a tool that would allow me to directly launch onoly the consoles without the need to go to the HTTP UIs etc. ? This would save a lot on clicking. I know IBM has a free standalone java client that makes life really lot easier to start remote console and switch between blades. Is there anything like that available for DELL servers ?

Tried to launch this jnlp but it fails with access denied without even prompting for any credentials..so I've assumed this is only one-time use applet ?

Thanks for any hints and suggestions

1 Message

February 12th, 2016 09:00

I know this is an old thread, but if someone were to happen upon it and see the previously suggested answer they'd assume that it can't be done, however as of iDRAC7 (12th gen PowerEdge or later), you can connect to the remote console using VNC.

See Dell's Accessing Remote Desktop using VNC on Dell PowerEdge Servers document here.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

March 26th, 2015 07:00

You can not reuse jnlp file. It is meant for one time use only.

If you want to launch virtual console directly, you can do it by launching iDRAC with https://iDRAC IP Address/console. This will load login page and once you enter the credential it will launch virtual console directly.

No Events found!