Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2013 07:00

OMSA 7.3 / ESXi 5.5 / SNMP

Hi,

I am just after a bit of clarification.  I've been installing a new ESXi 5.5 server this week and getting the OMSA installed has been a bit of a challenge, partly because I'm a Windows guy and this Linux stuff is voodoo!  Anyway back to the subject.  I've got a OME server running and had a real hassle getting it to discover the server, after a lot of faffing around I discovered that Dell have just release a new patch for OME and that fixes that problem.  So at this point I know the Dell agents are working and providing information back to OME.

I also have another monitoring system that does the rest of the systems that is SNMP based.  Up to now the Dell agents have happily worked over SNMP.  However it appears that this isn't the case with the latest version of OMSA, previous version I've installed had the web interface which of course is no longer.  So the question is, is there away of getting the agents to talk via SNMP or am I going to have to only use OME now?  If I can use SNMP can someone provide me with some detail on how to get them to work?

Thanks

Rob

No Responses!
No Events found!