Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 18th, 2013 07:00

PET620 Hyper-V Issue

The following Windows event occurs daily on several of our PowerEdge T620 servers.  All servers are running Windows Server 2012.

EVENT: The speed of Hyper-V logical processer X is being limited by system firmware.  The processor has been in reduced performance state for 0 seconds since the last report. (Note: Where "X" is the processor number which ranges from 0 to 20 something.  In other words, I get this error for all processor core each time this happens.)

SOURCE: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power

Event ID: 37

After researching this issue online, I found a lot of people have had this same issue on various make/model/brand servers but very few have resolved the issue.  Those who have, have done so by upgrading their server's BIOS, etc.  I've followed suit by upgrading our server's firmware and driver versions from those offered by Dell's SUU version 7.3.0, A01 (x64).

990 Posts

September 18th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for your post.  Our bios updates do include processor firmware updates when available and we always recommend that enterprise equipment be updated to their most current levels.  

Regards,

990 Posts

September 18th, 2013 08:00

I apologize for misreading your question as a statement.   If you can provide a DSET report we can review, that would be beneficial.

Regards,

8 Posts

September 18th, 2013 08:00

I've already updated to the latest BIOS update (version 1.5.3) and the issue still exists.  I'm not clear what your post is directing me to do, if anything.

8 Posts

September 18th, 2013 09:00

A DSET report from one of the servers has been provided via the DropBox link you e-mailed me.  I await your response regarding your findings.

990 Posts

September 18th, 2013 13:00

Thanks for the DSET report. Everything is current on the server and no hardware errors are shown.

I would say these are more warning than errors. In fact the amount of time it is affected is 0 seconds so this is more cosmetic than anything. I believe this is caused by c-states and/or c1e being enabled in the server BIOS. Both of these are power saving features.

No Events found!