Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2018 15:00

Remote RACADM "get" path length

I'm using remote RACADM to pull hwinventory and bios xml files. When specifying the file export path, I'm getting errors that the path is too long. I saw that for "fwupdate" the max path length is 256 characters. Is that not the case for "get" and 'hwinventory export"? The export paths being specified are only around ~60 characters which I don't think is overly long. I've had to resort to shortening folder names using symlinks in order to get all the exports to complete while keeping the necessary organization. Is there anywhere I can find the max lengths?

• 

6.2K Posts

January 15th, 2018 12:00

Hello

Check the iDRAC log for the exact error. Also, what parameter are you changing to get rid of the error? The -f file name should be a 64 character limit and the -l share location should be 256 characters.

Thanks

11 Posts

January 15th, 2018 12:00

Hi Daniel,

I'm using remote racadm and the only thing I'm specifying is "-f" as the path on the management node where the inventory files are to be dumped. Looks like I'll have to make the 64-character limit work. Thanks for the information.

June 30th, 2020 08:00

I would suggest to use Long Path Tool program. It resolves problem regarding source path too long.

• 

3.4K Posts

June 30th, 2020 15:00

Thanks Juan, it is a good workaround.

Marco

July 17th, 2020 23:00

You can try using LongPathTool software. It will help you resolve your specific problems regarding File name too long. Thank you.
No Events found!