Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2017 04:00

iDrac6 Express 2.85 Virtual Console not working

I got 1.95 firmware and Connection Failed each time no matter Java7/8. The same.

The server is PowerEdge R610

So updated the firmware 2.85. Now i click on "Launch Virtual Console" and nothing happens, no downloading java applet. Nothing, null, zero.

I've done

racadm racreset soft

racadm racreset hard

Completely turned off the power of the server. Still nothing.

• 

8.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 07:00

MASTIER,

The issue may be that the server isn't licensed for the Virtual Console, because the iDrac will require the Enterprise license in order to use it. I get this from the first picture you provided, which states that the iDrac Express does not support this function. 

You would need to upgrade to the Enterprise in order to use the Virtual Console.

Thank you.

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2017 08:00

I got Express Edition. But still, shouldn't then "Launch Virtual Console" dissapear ?

Ok, it is an "visual thing". I was surprised because I was able to download java applet in the previous version (1.95), so I though I would be able to launch it. This message I thought was  only about the *preview".

Beside this post mislead me:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4469/t/19608426

"iDRAC 6 Express is offered as an upgrade on 200–500 series servers and is standard on the 600–900 series. " I thought that Virtual console is an standard in 610.

Nevermind, I already ordered the iDrac6 Enterprise module.

Thanks for letting me know.

• 

8.4K Posts

May 22nd, 2017 10:00

Let me know if you need any assistance after getting the Enterprise license.

No Events found!