Lady Lou
1 Copper

Re: 2.1 for O2 but not for others?

Found this thread by 'accident'.   Upgraded to a Streak on 28th September through O2.    Nothing mentioned at all about the above massive problems.   Only reason I got directed here was because I could not install the PC Suite!.

There was no disc in the box, but I had connected the streak to the computer, wanting to import my data from Bluebook, only to find that my i-phone from O2 was not compatible!!

What on earth do I do now?   Obviously only have a few days to decide, surely o2 should have been more open, or are they just not interested.    I am going to contact them via e-mail and see what is said.

If I stick with 1.6 is there a way to get the PC Suite, or is this only geared to 2.1?

0 Kudos
itralph
1 Copper

I downloaded PC Suites directly from support.dell.com.  You will need your service code. You can find this  on your Streak under Settings / About Device / Status / Services Tag (which is the second to last line of information).

When on http://support.dell.com click on the drivers and downloads link. Use the service code from your streak. Search using operating system Android and category all. This will list only one option Dell - Application PC Suite. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
otgtechnical
1 Copper

Hello Amy,

It seems that the 'buzz' on most of the Posts about the new release (Android 2.2) is that OS upgrade will NOT be released or available to 'locked' Streak platforms until sometime in January 2011! I just purchased the Streak 2 days ago and am working the device thorough its many of it functions. It has a wide variety of functions that are very useful BUT it would really be helpful to get the Android 2.2 OS ASAP so that I can make a final decision of rather to keep the Dell Streak or return the device back to ATT for a refund & termination of the contract.

Is January 2011 the new release date for Americans, will there be more 'slippage' in the new expected delivery date? It is difficult to accept that both ATT & DELL are not fully coordinating the technology and services for devices that it sells to the consumer.

Thanks,

Bruce

0 Kudos