Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2010 02:00

2.2 BUGS (GAUSB1A131500-EU, build 12332)

1. Accuweather widget crashes

2. Browser redirect errors

3. APN's need to be manually edited

4. Voice activated bluetooth dialling does not work

6 Posts

November 27th, 2010 08:00

+1

57 Posts

November 27th, 2010 18:00

5. When using the camera, and the tablet screen times out and the screen lock becomes active, when the screen is unlocked the system is frozen. The unit reboots itself.

57 Posts

November 27th, 2010 20:00

-

3 Posts

November 27th, 2010 20:00

Ugh, I am thinking about purchasing the new unlocked Streak w/ 2.2

57 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 02:00

1. Accuweather widget crashes (could be an issue with landscape mode, see item 6)

2. Browser redirect errors

3. APN's need to be manually edited

4. Voice activated bluetooth dialling does not work

5. When using the camera, and the tablet screen times out and the screen lock becomes active, when the screen is unlocked the system is frozen. The unit reboots itself. To be fair this does not happen all of the time, however, I have had it happen twice.

6. The Accuweather widget appears to automatically update only when in portrait mode. To test this, hold the tablet in landscape mode, wake the screen, turn the tablet to portrait mode (the accuweather details should update), turn the tablet back to landscape mode and the updated changes should be applied to the landscape accuweather widget.

I trust my feedback will be of benefit to the software Engineers.

57 Posts

December 3rd, 2010 13:00

7. http://m.abc.net.au will work intermittently over 3G/HSDPA (UMTS2100MHz), however, will not work over WiFi (WPA2).

57 Posts

December 3rd, 2010 21:00

8. Bluetooth high energy consumption. (appears to be higher than 1.6)

Edit: Energy consumption for bluetooth is confirmed (in my opinion) as abnormally high.

57 Posts

December 4th, 2010 04:00

9.  Open browser - then

button and select the "Exit" that pops up from the bottom of screen - I get FC everytime.

Hi, I don't get the same issue as you.

Do you have any third party applications installed? If so, have you tried uninstalling them?

16 Posts

December 4th, 2010 04:00

9.  Open browser - then

button and select the "Exit" that pops up from the bottom of screen - I get FC everytime.

16 Posts

December 4th, 2010 05:00

hmmm....odd....I'll have a rummage around the log ....

3rd party apps - plenty - but no-obvious ones that should affect this, and nothing out-of-the-ordinary (eg launchers or rooting) - especially what (on the face of it) seems to be browser related...if log doesn't get me anywhere I'll try some apps one at a time...

57 Posts

December 4th, 2010 15:00

Another URL that doesn't work over WiFi (WPA2).

http://androidspin.com/

57 Posts

December 4th, 2010 16:00

Amy,

Any clues on when an OTA update will be released to address these issues. The browser issue is a show stopper for me.

P.S. I don't envy your position on this forum. I have been in a similar position and understand how it feels.

Cheers,

Dr Android

57 Posts

December 4th, 2010 23:00

Another one for the list. Reduced WiFi signal strength and loss of connection. This is starting to become ridiculous.

16 Posts

December 5th, 2010 01:00

9.  Open browser - then

......this was only affected me it seems - I feel honoured to have my own bug :emotion-4:

Either way - sorted now with a factory reset......quite nice to have a completely clean machine to build back up.

No Events found!