keirtutt
1 Copper

Re: ATTN: UK O2 Streak Customers - Post 2.1 Update Syncing Issues

I am having problems with sychronising my Dell Streak, and when I select the download option, In get a message to save the zip file, however whenever I try this I get a message at 8MB of download saying that an unexpected error occurred and so I can not download the files.

please can you advise how I might solve this?

0 Kudos
Thomas McGowan
1 Copper

I have just purchased a New Dell Streak. I am aware of the problems that people are having but the O2 shop was completely oblivious! I have only just plugged into my Dell Latitiude D530 running xp 2002 support pack 3. I did receive a prompt wizard to insert disc - none supplied. I am aware that the Streak runs 1.6 but I am relunctant to do anything until I have the correct info.

What do I need to download to my laptop (and how - not that computer savy)

Can I get android 2.2?

Once this is done I would expect to be able to syn with outlook 2007.

Will the new android 2.2 be able to view docx and xlsx?

I would really like to get my music and photos on to the Streak.

Look forward to hearing suggestions and answers.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dpw50
1 Copper

Amy,

Outlook 2010 is the only email client I have on my system so it is the default, but I have checked again (more than once) and confirmed this, so no change. Incidentally, checking this is more straightforward by using the Default Programs options from the Control Panel rather than Internet Options.

The message saying "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. " etc comes from Outlook itself rather than the PC Suite. I have seen exactly this message from another unrelated program. I am a retired IT professional and experience leads me to believe that this is almost certainly caused by Microsoft changing the way Outlook data is accessed; the clue is in the second half of the message (ie cannot fulfill the request).

The message saying "No Outlook profiles was found" etc does come from the Sync Manager and, again, I put this down to the way Microsoft handles interaction with Outlook. I believe that Outlook 2010 does not recognise the requests being sent by the PC Suite.

To clarify things slightly, until recently I was using the beta version of Office 2010 which I installed quite a while ago. This worked with the PC Suite but I've installed the final release version since acquiring my Streak and this doesn't. Again, too many years experience tells me that that things change twixt beta and gold releases.

Finally, I have got my contacts on to my Streak by exporting them from Outlook to a csv file, importing that into Windows Contacts and syncing with them. This is a roundabout way of doing it, but it works. Unfortunately, there is no similar workaround for Calendar, Notes and Tasks.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
ChrisHarvey
1 Copper

Thanks Amy and everyone else so far, but I cannot manage to sync the streak to the new pc suite, either on this (my work pc Windows XP) or my home vista flavoured PC.  

I can browse the SD card no bother and both PC's acknowlege an android hardware item linked up but no joy at resyncing my backed up *.bm3 file.

Fed -up.

0 Kudos
ChrisJ_SLH
1 Copper

Reference you "BIG BUG 2" issue.

I had a similar problem with 2.1. I solved the problem by doing a screen recalibration. It worked perfectly after that.

Others have had success with this too. Give it a go and see how you get on.

0 Kudos
MervynAW
1 Copper

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Amy

I have installed the new PC suite fix and it is working up to a point, however I need some help.

I am running windows XP home edition on a single PC and use Outlook 2003. 

I organise my Calendar & Contacts through Outlook.

To share my calendar with others who have permission to add or delete appointments, I sync with Google calendar with Google Calendar Sync tool.

In summary, new appointments, appointment changes and deletions can be made in Outlook, Google Calendar or Streak.

Prior to obtaining my Streak I had an O2 Xda Orbit running Windows Mobile 6.1, syncing with Outlook via Microsoft ActivSync. 

Google calendar sync was set automatic to automatically sync to and from outlook, while the Xda Orbit sync’d with outlook on connection to the PC.  There was no direct sync between the Orbit and Google.

With the Streak, I am encountering the following problems:

If I make an appointment in:

Streak  => Outlook via PC suite - Sync’d

Outlook => Streak via PC suite – Not Sync’d

Google => Outlook via Google Sync – Sync’d

Outlook => Google via Google Sync – Sync’d

Streak => Google via G sync – Sync’d but then fails to sync back to Outlook

Google =. Streak via G sync – Sync’d but creates a duplicate in Streak

I have checked all the settings in Google Calendar Sync and PC suite and all are set correctly.

I need the system to work in a triangular fashion, ie no matter in which medium the event was created (or altered / deleted) it will sync into the other two without creating duplicates.

Please help resolve this conflict.

Regrds

MervynAW

0 Kudos
russmichaels
1 Copper

I am unable to even download the new pcsuite.

When I click download I get

DellDriverDownloadManager(4).application

when I run this it installs the download manager and says "there are no files to download. Please go to Drivers and Downloads to Select Files".

If I do this, I just get the same file each time.

How can I get the file ?

0 Kudos
russmichaels
1 Copper

nevermind I managed to extract the direct  FTP url from the download page, here it is if anyone else wants it.

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/Updated%20Dell%20%20Streak%20PC%20Sync%20Tool%20(%C3%89clair%202.1).zip

0 Kudos
streaking
1 Copper

Chris.

Save your breath and typeing time.

Amy has already said a couple of people have got it to work so us poor Dell customers are not important anymore.

As long as the updated pc suite works on at least 1 persons pc or streak it's job done as far as Dell are concearned.

0 Kudos
nsaspooks
2 Iron

Thats a very unfair statement.    I suggest we ask other forum members just who has got 2.1 pc suite working in its entirety with no issues, I have an Msc in computer science and it does not work for me either, Guess when I can find some spare time I will look at the source code and see what I can cook myself,  Cannot make as much of a hash of it as Dell made of theirs. My 2.2 build for my HTC Desire works fine, one month now and not a single hangup or crash.

It's ok for Dell to make such a statement but can they back it up with facts!

0 Kudos