Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2010 07:00

ATTN: UK O2 Streak Customers - Post 2.1 Update Syncing Issues

Please go here http://cot.ag/bZQE5D to download the latest PC Suite if you have upgraded Android to 2.1.

Long address:

Please respond to this post if you still have issues with syncing your Streak after you install this new PC Suite software. It is very helpful if you include specific details in your response. I will be addressing other post-Android 2.1-update-issues in a separate blog post after reviewing some additional customer posts on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your patience and feedback!

Amy

3 Posts

September 12th, 2010 13:00

Amy.

In reply to your post regarding new pc sync software.

I have downloaded this 5 times and can't get it to work. Im useing windows xp.

I have also tried deleating the android drivers. when I did this my laptop did reconise the streak and installed it.

I can see the E drive when connected via usb. PC suite just sits there saying not connected.

I have mounted and unmounted. sync settings on streak say pc sync on. here is also a sync now setting. doesnt do anything.

I was in the o2 shop Saturday trying to swap my streak for something that works, The expert in the shop told me to hang on until the end of the week because Dell are going to release a fixed version of 2.1 and this will solve the sync issues.

Could you please confirm this one way or another.  also what is the uk number for the streak support team ?

REGARDS

70 Posts

September 12th, 2010 16:00

Seems the Sync is problematic too, only parts of the 2.1 sync work for me, 2473 contacts in outlook and its syncs the grand total of zero.

I could give you the details of who you need speak to but then Dell would have to kill you! :emotion-11:

2 Posts

September 12th, 2010 18:00

yes when will they upgrade in the us they keep saying soon but soon never comes .if theres no update let us know so i can return this giant phone and get a phone that works and that has support for it. my iphone always had updates and even my ps3 i was always getting updates for that and i never noticed a problem with it . the dell streak is an awsome concept but you can make calls on a concept  the phone has got to work to use it    please just let us know whats going on with the updates and if we just wasted our money or not

370 Posts

September 12th, 2010 22:00

dpw50,
Can you try going into your Control Panel --> Internet Properties --> Programs Tab and make sure your Default Email is set to Outlook 2010?
Let me know if that fixes your Outlook PC Suite sync issue.

marty7192,
Can you try reseating your SD card? If that doesn't work, please contact support for a replacement card.

streaking,
Currently, there is no update for the 2.1 release at this time. However, we have been in contact with O2 over the past few weeks to work out a plan. However, please note, several users have been successful in updating their PC Suite software. Can you try Beani Kliadi's suggestions below posted on Sept 9th at 6:37.
Here is the UK Dell Mobile Devices # 0844 444 3244.

Thank you all for your feedback. I've added the post 2.1 updates issues listed here to my list.

Thanks,
Amy

1 Message

September 13th, 2010 01:00

I am having problems with sychronising my Dell Streak, and when I select the download option, In get a message to save the zip file, however whenever I try this I get a message at 8MB of download saying that an unexpected error occurred and so I can not download the files.

please can you advise how I might solve this?

2 Posts

September 13th, 2010 04:00

Amy,

Outlook 2010 is the only email client I have on my system so it is the default, but I have checked again (more than once) and confirmed this, so no change. Incidentally, checking this is more straightforward by using the Default Programs options from the Control Panel rather than Internet Options.

The message saying "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. " etc comes from Outlook itself rather than the PC Suite. I have seen exactly this message from another unrelated program. I am a retired IT professional and experience leads me to believe that this is almost certainly caused by Microsoft changing the way Outlook data is accessed; the clue is in the second half of the message (ie cannot fulfill the request).

The message saying "No Outlook profiles was found" etc does come from the Sync Manager and, again, I put this down to the way Microsoft handles interaction with Outlook. I believe that Outlook 2010 does not recognise the requests being sent by the PC Suite.

To clarify things slightly, until recently I was using the beta version of Office 2010 which I installed quite a while ago. This worked with the PC Suite but I've installed the final release version since acquiring my Streak and this doesn't. Again, too many years experience tells me that that things change twixt beta and gold releases.

Finally, I have got my contacts on to my Streak by exporting them from Outlook to a csv file, importing that into Windows Contacts and syncing with them. This is a roundabout way of doing it, but it works. Unfortunately, there is no similar workaround for Calendar, Notes and Tasks.

Hope this helps.

September 13th, 2010 04:00

I have just purchased a New Dell Streak. I am aware of the problems that people are having but the O2 shop was completely oblivious! I have only just plugged into my Dell Latitiude D530 running xp 2002 support pack 3. I did receive a prompt wizard to insert disc - none supplied. I am aware that the Streak runs 1.6 but I am relunctant to do anything until I have the correct info.

What do I need to download to my laptop (and how - not that computer savy)

Can I get android 2.2?

Once this is done I would expect to be able to syn with outlook 2007.

Will the new android 2.2 be able to view docx and xlsx?

I would really like to get my music and photos on to the Streak.

Look forward to hearing suggestions and answers.

Tom

September 13th, 2010 09:00

Thanks Amy and everyone else so far, but I cannot manage to sync the streak to the new pc suite, either on this (my work pc Windows XP) or my home vista flavoured PC.  

I can browse the SD card no bother and both PC's acknowlege an android hardware item linked up but no joy at resyncing my backed up *.bm3 file.

Fed -up.

3 Posts

September 13th, 2010 11:00

Reference you "BIG BUG 2" issue.

I had a similar problem with 2.1. I solved the problem by doing a screen recalibration. It worked perfectly after that.

Others have had success with this too. Give it a go and see how you get on.

3 Posts

September 13th, 2010 14:00

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Amy

I have installed the new PC suite fix and it is working up to a point, however I need some help.

I am running windows XP home edition on a single PC and use Outlook 2003. 

I organise my Calendar & Contacts through Outlook.

To share my calendar with others who have permission to add or delete appointments, I sync with Google calendar with Google Calendar Sync tool.

In summary, new appointments, appointment changes and deletions can be made in Outlook, Google Calendar or Streak.

Prior to obtaining my Streak I had an O2 Xda Orbit running Windows Mobile 6.1, syncing with Outlook via Microsoft ActivSync. 

Google calendar sync was set automatic to automatically sync to and from outlook, while the Xda Orbit sync’d with outlook on connection to the PC.  There was no direct sync between the Orbit and Google.

With the Streak, I am encountering the following problems:

If I make an appointment in:

Streak  => Outlook via PC suite - Sync’d

Outlook => Streak via PC suite – Not Sync’d

Google => Outlook via Google Sync – Sync’d

Outlook => Google via Google Sync – Sync’d

Streak => Google via G sync – Sync’d but then fails to sync back to Outlook

Google =. Streak via G sync – Sync’d but creates a duplicate in Streak

I have checked all the settings in Google Calendar Sync and PC suite and all are set correctly.

I need the system to work in a triangular fashion, ie no matter in which medium the event was created (or altered / deleted) it will sync into the other two without creating duplicates.

Please help resolve this conflict.

Regrds

MervynAW

September 14th, 2010 06:00

nevermind I managed to extract the direct  FTP url from the download page, here it is if anyone else wants it.

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/Handheld/Updated%20Dell%20%20Streak%20PC%20Sync%20Tool%20(%C3%89clair%202.1).zip

September 14th, 2010 06:00

I am unable to even download the new pcsuite.

When I click download I get

DellDriverDownloadManager(4).application

when I run this it installs the download manager and says "there are no files to download. Please go to Drivers and Downloads to Select Files".

If I do this, I just get the same file each time.

How can I get the file ?

3 Posts

September 15th, 2010 15:00

Chris.

Save your breath and typeing time.

Amy has already said a couple of people have got it to work so us poor Dell customers are not important anymore.

As long as the updated pc suite works on at least 1 persons pc or streak it's job done as far as Dell are concearned.

70 Posts

September 15th, 2010 16:00

Thats a very unfair statement.    I suggest we ask other forum members just who has got 2.1 pc suite working in its entirety with no issues, I have an Msc in computer science and it does not work for me either, Guess when I can find some spare time I will look at the source code and see what I can cook myself,  Cannot make as much of a hash of it as Dell made of theirs. My 2.2 build for my HTC Desire works fine, one month now and not a single hangup or crash.

It's ok for Dell to make such a statement but can they back it up with facts!

8 Posts

September 16th, 2010 04:00

Dear Amy,

I have tried several times to download and install the fix to pcsuite for my streak on android 2.1

First the download button redirect to a new page without downloading when I tried to download using IE7, I don't know if I am the only one experiencing this problems.

I finally downloaded the file using google chrome and I have not been able to install it. I have tried over and over again, downloaded the file again and again and I get the same error, "Application can not be started. Contact the application Vendor.

I am using XP professional and this is the details of the error.

I would like your help to be able to install the fix. also when the new installation is complete, will I be able to restore backup I did with pcsuite when my phone was running 1.6?

thanks

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of C:\DellDriverDownloadManager.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [16/09/2010 11:38:56] : Activation of C:\DellDriverDownloadManager.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [16/09/2010 11:39:08] System.Net.WebException

- The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

- Source: System

- Stack trace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetNonFileStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)

at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials, IWebProxy proxy, RequestCachePolicy cachePolicy)

at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenAndPush(Uri uri)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.PushExternalEntityOrSubset(String publicId, String systemId, String baseUriStr, Uri& baseUri, String entityName)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.DtdParserProxy_PushExternalSubset(String systemId, String publicId)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.DtdParserProxy.System.Xml.IDtdParserAdapter.PushExternalSubset(String systemId, String publicId)

at System.Xml.DtdParser.ParseExternalSubset()

at System.Xml.DtdParser.ParseInDocumentDtd(Boolean saveInternalSubset)

at System.Xml.DtdParser.Parse(Boolean saveInternalSubset)

at System.Xml.DtdParser.System.Xml.IDtdParser.ParseInternalDtd(IDtdParserAdapter adapter, Boolean saveInternalSubset)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDtd()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()

at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XmlCharCheckingReader.Read()

at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()

at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

No Events found!