8 Krypton

Re: ATTN: UK O2 Streak Customers - Post 2.1 Update Syncing Issues

Hi John,

I'm not sure why O2 did not communicate this. I agree this wasn't the cleanest transition.

Regarding your contacts, I recently had my Streak updated to 2.1 and I'm still in the process of testing. Prior to the update, I didn't back up my data. Post update, my Contacts and Downloaded Apps were missing, but my music and photos were still on the phone. After the update, I setup the phone with the same Google account (this came up when I first tried to use the Market app). I then opened up my Contacts application, clicked on the Menu button (middle button on the right or bottom) and chose the Accounts option. Then I tapped on my google (gmail.com) account and manually synced my contacts. All of my old phone contacts have re-appeared.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Chris,

A couple of suggestions here. Can you connect your Streak via the USB cable, go into the Device Manager (on both pc's when you get a chance) and check to see if the driver info matches what I have below?

Also, open up the Dell PC Suite and try connecting the Streak using different USB connections on each pc to see if any of them allow the Sync software to see your Streak. I'm sure you already know this, but look for the "Disconnected" message at the bottom right of the Dell PC Suite window to change (or not). Give it about 10-15 seconds to connect on each USB port.

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

"When will the upgrade come to the USA?"

Hi,

I Think  only the dell company know about that issue on when  is the upgraded  version will come to the USA...

Just wait for there announcement .

[url=http://www.helpgurus.com/] PC tech support [/url]

0 Kudos
ChrisHarvey
1 Nickel

Hello Amy, have tried everything..not sure the time I have wasted on this has been anything other than a deadening experience. If I could phone up the people I've lost numbers for it'd be fine.

0 Kudos
Sinnrik
6 Indium

Hi Amy and dpw50,

I've exactly the same problem with Dell PC Suite not finding the Outlook profile. Strange though this appears on one pc with Win / 64 but it works fine on another wit Win 7 32. Both running Outlook 2010. I found out that the .pst file is in different folders. Put this file in the same folder as on the 32 pc but that didn't help. I wonder whether it has to do with Win 7 64 and Outlook 2010 64.

What d you thnk?

0 Kudos
rebski
6 Indium

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

@DELL-Amy B

I have run both a Backup and Sync.

I don’t use Outlook so I selected Sync with Windows Contacts. Nothing seems to have been transferred either way. Information in Windows Contacts is not in Streak Contacts and vice versa.

As for Backup, the backup file looks empty to me, 1kb can’t hold very much. I don’t intend to select Restore as I could end up with a data deleted Streak.

I appreciate your attention in this.

0 Kudos
chasbite
1 Copper

OK a new slant and a new problem
I have a PC with vista Home premium [fully updated]
Streak running 2.1
PC suite 0.0.48
Once the new PC Suite was released to support 2.1 my PC and Streak chatted to each other perfectly

Until a week ago...

I have no adbsolute knowledge about why but now my PC recognises the streak [I can read the flash disk] and the USB connection info is displayed on the streak
BUT
PC Suite does NOT connect - instead I get an error message to the effect that

ADEProxy.exe has crashed and burnt!

Amy - this one is for you!!

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Amy, the link at the top of the forum is broken - please could you supply new link?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Simple. Go to product Support. Select Tablet-Streak and it will take you to a download link for the 2.1 sync software.

Just don't expect miracles of it working correctly with your streak. It's as problematic as the 2.1 update.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemI...=

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

0 Kudos