Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2010 13:00

Android2.2 MAJOR PROBLEMS!! READ THIS BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD!!

having had problems with apple, i decided to buy a delL streak as the tablet size screen was a real attraction. Disappointed with the 1.6 software, i was reassured that the froyo update would change the phone. So when i got the update (finally) OTA from dell i was overwhelmed. It totally changed the phone. Loved the features especially flash 10.1. having had the phone updated, 24 hours later i was having problems. The troublesome battery lid accidently came off. So i powered down and clicked the lid back into place. When the phone was powered up it had an error message "couldnt access andiord.mc" i think from memory. Also it asked me would i like to save to sd card, quit or Report IOTA.

I then rang dell mobillty support team who told me a factory reset was called for as the software download may have an error in the system. Never having had to do this, i then proceded. Everything worked fine. I was able to carry on with the normal things you can do on a streak.

Having woke up the next day, i noticed my wifi signal had not shown on the screen. Having run through the usual procedures, i still couldn't connect. So Rang dell once again. Factory reset number 2. Everything worked fine once again. The next morning, again i woke up to check emails, texts etc, the phone said no signal, so also the  mobile provider listed nothing. Tried in vain to carry on but to no avail. So i tried FActory reset number 3. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS SERIOUS.

THE PHONE ONCE RESTATRED WAS TAKING AGES TO REINSTALL. bUT INSTEAD OF A FULL FACTORY RESET TO THE HOME PAGE, THE PHONE NOW JUST SWITCH ITSELF OFF AND ON AND OFF AND ON. THE DELL SYMBOL WOULD COME ON, STAY ON FOR ABOUT A MINUITE THE OFF IT  GOES AGAIN UNIL BATTERY DRAINS!!

Contacted mobillty team who then informed me that the phone would have  to be  repaired, to my horror. Also i was told that the  phone would take around 30  days to repar!! What am i suuposed to do in the meantime. My smartphone is basically my right arm. I need the satnav, mobileoffice, internet onthe move etc. Dell said they couldn't lend me another phone.

I have two years collect & Return hardware support with 10 days and also 1 year whole unit replacement, which i requested but dell said they would only repair the unit not swap it for a brand new unit.

I do feel really guted and let down by dell. I'm going to be without a phone for a number of weeks and i'm seriouly thinking of taking this further. A phone thats only 3 months old and the first update comes along and rednders it usless. I WOULD NOT RECOMEND ANYONE BUYING A PHONE FROM DELL. IF YOU WANT A STREAK BUY IT FROM A SHOP. THEY WILL PROBABLY LEND YOU A PHONE WHEN ITS FAULTY AND YOU HAVE FACE TO FACE CONTACT WITH THEM. I ALSO FEEL THAT THE RELIABILTY OF THIS DEVICE COMES INTO QUESTION!!

My  Questions are:

Is this a hardware problem

are there any other procedures i could try

anyone else had any problems since froyo update.

Please help, especially amy. Can you speak to anyone at dell to help me

THX

Paul

No Responses!
No Events found!