Highlighted
john.oakley
1 Copper

BSOD error Dell Venue 11 Pro

Received my new Dell Venue 11 Pro (Win 8.1 32 bit) in June 2014.  Nothing but problems with streaming video ever since.  Always receive the BSOD from 2-30 minutes.  I've spoken to Dell about this issue and checked all of the online sources to try and resolve the problem.  Nothing works.  Dell has suggested it is a BIOS issue but I've updated the BIOS several times.  They then suggested it was an OS installation issue.  Well I didn't reinstall as it takes about 3 days to reconfigure my entire system to run all of the other programs, firmware, etc. I did a system recovery which didn't help either.

Anything on Netflix, YouTube, etc will always crash the system and always receives the same error sys_thread not excepted........you get the picture.  I have tried updating the driver which didn't help.  I've disable the driver and reinstalled, that didn't help either.  In short, neither Dell nor Qualcomm have any real desire to resolve this issue.  You will receive the standard "reinstall the driver" or "reinstall the OS" type of reply.  When those fail and they will, you can expect to live without the ability to stream video.

THANKS DELL!  $1,000 for nothing.  I have been purchasing Dell products for more than 15 years now.  I've generally had some sort of issue with each product and have only been marginally happy with Dell Customer Service.  This is the last Dell product I will ever purchase.  Apple will have my business from now on.

<Admin Note:service tag removed per privacy policy~RK>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
7- Thorium

RE: BSOD error Dell Venue 11 Pro

John,

Not sure if this will help. Download and install Resplendence Software - WhoCrashed then click on analyze button.

You can post the information it has listed below and/or try the solution it suggests for the BSOD's. It may just be a driver issue.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
john.oakley
1 Copper

Thanks.  It is a driver issue.  Qualcomm WiFi network adapter is the culprit. 

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

John,

Were you able to locate the correct Dell Wireless drivers for your network adapter and reinstall them?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos