Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 9th, 2014 14:00

Bluetooth on Dell Venue 8 Pro Running Windows 10 Technical Preview

Hey I installed this last night and am pretty happy with it; was surprised at how 'finished' the experience is being only preview software. Read some negative reports about how it is more desktop oriented now, but I'm liking it anyway.

Almost everything works - even my Stylus!

Can't seem to get Bluetooth running; anyone else having the same issue? Trying to connect the mouse and keyboard I've been using.

Thanks!

3 Posts

October 10th, 2014 10:00

**** UPDATE ****
Someone on WPCentral cracked the Bluetooth issue on the Dell Venue 8 Pro!
To reactivate BT, go to Dell and download the BT driver for the Dell Venue 8 Pro. Do NOT run the .exe - won't work. Rather, right click and extract the file, and follow the link to go to the extracted file.
From there, follow the rabbit trail of folders until you are finally inside the final Bluetooth Drivers folder.
Inside, there is one file with the suffix extension ".inf"
Again, do NOT double click; all that will happen is Notepad will open to view the file contents; rather, right click on this file and select "install".
You should then get a "successfully installed" pop up. When you then go into PC Settings.. PC and Devices, above the "Devices" link, you will see the "Bluetooth" link there as well and inside the on/off control and list of devices.
Nice thing was my devices were still there - I didn't have to re-pair anything. My keyboard and BT Mouse are now up and running happily on the Preview.  

2 Posts

October 24th, 2015 14:00

antichion's solution worked for me. If you were noble to find the Bluetooth folder, then its likely that you downloaded the wrong driver.

1. Head to:

www.dell.com/.../advanced

2. On the Windows 10 section, which it should detect your Dell as, click on Network. Then under "Dell Wireless 1538 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Drive", click on Download File.

3. When its finished, go to exe file, double click it. A windows will pop out asking whether you want to Install or Extract. Choose Extract, then choose the location of where you want it to be. I suggest someplace easy to find.

4. After the extraction is complete, go to the location you chosen and look a folder called "drivers". Double click it, then choose "production", then choose "windows8.1-x86", then choose "Bluetooth-driver".

5. Next, you'll finally see a bunch of files. Look for "qcbtuart.inf". DONT double click, instead right click then choose Install. If you get a successful message then you're done. Don't even need to restart your device. I wrote this up immediately after I fixed mine.

Hopefully you will be successful and this is the solution.

915 Posts

October 11th, 2014 06:00

Thanks for posting this thread and the advice!   :emotion-1:

3 Posts

October 11th, 2014 11:00

Disregard the instruction to install from external; as you found out, it doesn't work. Save the install file to desktop or any other location in the tablet's C: Drive. Then simply run the file from there. It's that easy..

2 Posts

Hey how did you get this installed ? I tried to use the installer from USB and it would not let me do it. Can you please let me know how you got this done ?

2 Posts

I just copy the Windows 10 ISO to the drive ?

3 Posts

August 14th, 2015 10:00

Thanks for this...worked precisely as described.

1 Message

August 24th, 2015 12:00

Tried this, but it did not work.  

1 Message

October 15th, 2015 01:00

Problem with Bluetooth on tablet upgraded to Win 10:

We have 2 Dell Venue 8 Pro tablets that we bought same time & same place. Trying to  upgrade to Win 10. On one Microsoft Bluetooth mouse works fine. Going to devices shows Bluetooth listed. Going to Device Manager shows Bluetooth with 6 sublistings. Under Human Interface Devices it shows Microsoft hardware Bluetooth device.    

On the other tablet Bluetooth does not work.  There are no listings for Bluetooth as described above.

Dell didn't have an answer except to send it to them & pay to have it fixed. BTW Bluetooth worked fine on both with 8.1.

Your help is greatly appreciated.  

1 Message

December 28th, 2015 05:00

Worked perfect, Thanks!

No Events found!