Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2010 21:00

Bring back 1.6 UI to 2.2

Just upgraded my AT&T Streak to 2.2.....and while I appreciate 720p, flash, speed improvements and other stuff I am missing the UI from Dell's 1.6 rom so badly.  I loved the menu bar in 1.6 it was minimalistic yet functional.  The Stage UI is not for me.  Some people might like the widgets and thats fine but I wish there was an option to use the menubar/notification bar from 1.6 in 2.2.

PLEASE Dell bring it back!!!!

18 Posts

November 21st, 2010 16:00

+1

I do not like the Stage UI at all and would like the old  one back!  Closest thing I could get was to delete all of the Stage widgets and add shortcuts to the desktop in about the same place they were before. Not ideal but better than the Stage stuff.

9 Posts

November 21st, 2010 17:00

Why couldn't they just have gone with stock Android 2.2?  Why waste the time and effort on a UI that they appear to know that few people will use?

13 Posts

November 23rd, 2010 02:00

If you dont like it , then remove it and make your own.

2 Posts

November 24th, 2010 13:00

Whilst I recognise that there will be benefits from the 2.2 upgrade it has initially been disapointing to me. The lack of calendar synch is particularly frustrating but there are other items that seem to have gone backwards. In Music in 1.6 I was able to mix MP3 and WMA tracks but in 2.2 only MP3 files are recognised. In 1.6 I was able to directly use photos from digital camera for wallpaper and able to have 5 different wallpapers in use but in 2.2 only one wallpaper and no simple resizing. Also the easy access from the top of the screen to turn wireless and 3G data on and off plus checking battery status seems to have disappeared.

14 Posts

November 24th, 2010 17:00

@Daisai....his point is not that.

he wan't back 1.6  UI  menu bar.

yeah i also missing menu bar. why update 2.2 is because flash support. ASA i update i delate alls DELL default home ui and am using launcher pro.

but there is no way i can get back top menu bar so i can easy turn on and off things. like ALARM....

No Events found!