Highlighted
paul-home
1 Copper

Broken screen - what can I do?

I have had my streak for 2 weeks, and the screen has stopped working. the glass at the front is perfect, but it looks like something behind the glass has broken.

I bought it from an o2 shop.

where can I get it repaired, and is it a warranty repair?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
57 Replies
GriZlore
2 Bronze

Re: Broken screen - what can I do?

This is the second time I have heard this

The first person I heard this happen to, took it back to the o2 shop and it was replaced.

Hop fully they will do the same for you

Jreitnauer7
1 Copper

I would actually like to get a response from Dell on this. 

Please see the video and comments below. It appears that the "Gorilla Glass" is living up to it's name but the LCD is breaking. I've dropped my Blackberry Bold a lot and the lcd is perfect. This worries me. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuuWRB43HCE

0 Kudos
paul-home
1 Copper

I've spoken to Dell who have been extremely good about it, and are sorting out my handset. Once again Dell proves to be the best in their field.

O2s customer service on the other hand has been utterly hopeless. They are only interested in selling their handset insurance.

0 Kudos
jamrock47
1 Copper

It happen to me today. Have dell contacted you. 02 are no help to me.

0 Kudos
paul-home
1 Copper

Ring the Dell mobile support number. 0844 444 3244

They sorted me out.

Seriously, O2 are the biggest waste of time. I have been totally put off them for life. They are so unhelpful.

0 Kudos
Jreitnauer7
1 Copper

Paul-Home, 

What did Dell Advise you?

0 Kudos
paul-home
1 Copper

The gave me a new device.

0 Kudos
jamrock47
1 Copper

Thanks for the tip. Will call them first thing in the morning and let you know what happens

0 Kudos
toedipper
1 Copper

The lcd screen on my Dell Streak is also broken.  It appears 'cracked' beneath the Gorilla glass and the device is unusable.

On the outside the device is cosmetically perfect, there are no signs of damage, there are no marks, scraps on the gorilla glass or elsewhere.

My local O2 store in UK did not want to know as they said it 'looks damaged'. 

I phoned Dell today and they basically said 'too bad' you'll have to go back to O2.

I am very disapointed with Dell, I have questions about the build quality of these Streak devices.  I had an iphone for 2 years which was dropped, sat on, you name it, but it never stopped working like this streak.

The worrying thing is that there numerous similar stories like this on the net.  The gorilla glass may be good for the front if hit 'by pens' but the device appears hopelessly inadequate if knocked elsewhere.

I think Dell should recall these devices as there is obviously build quality issues.  I don't even know how mines was 'damaged' or if it even was, I just turned it on and the lcd screen was wrecked beneath the glass.

If you are thinking of buying one then I would hold back until these issues are sorted.

I am now stuck with a 18 month contract, no device and a bill for approx £400 if I wish to get another, scandalous.

0 Kudos