Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2011 02:00

Can anyone give me Dell Inc. Address in US..Got a refurbished Dell Streak in bad condition with a loose panel as a warranty replacement. Technician's supervisor was rude and refused to replace as per warranty..

I bought a Dell Streak 5 phone (Limited Edition) was previously owned. It was still under warranty and ownership was transferred to me. I did a factory reset and the phone went dead. Called Tech support and they determined back panel was loose. Told me to try it for a day and see if the problem resolved. The panel was loose and the phone kept dying so called Tech support and they offered to replace the phone with a refurbished phone as warranty replacement. I did not want a refurbished phone but the Technician assured that it went all their Quality checks. tried to speak with his supervisor Mr. Pankaj who said the same. requested him for just a back panel but he refused stating he is going to send me a refurbished phone with a back panel. I should either take it or leave it. I had no choice so I agreed. (Service request # 837502607, Dispatch # 146020770)

Received the refurbished replacement phone with a misaligned, loose back panel. Called Tech support and spoke with Mr. Hare Krishna, was advised to send  the original phone back and would be receiving a new back panel. Told Mr. Hare Krisha about condition of phone and requested a new working phone. He said he is not authorized to do so and he is new. Requested him to connect me to his supervisor. He checked and first said no supervisor is there. Then said supervisor is busy. I told him I will hold and eventually he called Mr. Pankaj (same supervisor as before). Went over the issues with Mr. Pankaj. Now he insisted that I send the original phone back and he will send me a new cover for the refurbished warranty repair phone. I reminded him about the condition of phone and said the springs maybe loose again as he had previously insisted and wanted a new replacement phone as per warranty contract. He refused and said I have only one option to do as he is telling me or I am on my own. I requested him to be transferred to his manager and he said their is no manager and he is the supervisor. Then I requested him to have his supervisor call me to resolve issue, he said he is the supervisor and that it is not possible. Asked him for his batch number he refused saying he does not have one and that there is only one Mr. Pankaj and everyone knows him by name.. Asked him to send me an email stating I called Technical support with a warranty issue and this was the solution offered by him, but he refused saying he cannot send an email and the customers have no right to get anything in writing regarding the conversation. At this point he said he could not resolve this issue and I am free to do what I want, even though this is a violation of my warranty agreement with Dell Inc. I responded to the email that I had got with the dispatch number for the refurbished phone raising my concerns about a bad piece that was sent and about the conduct of the supervisor and requesting a manager to contact me so that we could resolve the issue. I got an email back after 15 minutes stating the email address is no longer valid and I should call the Technical Support. Even though the email with the dispatch number was send 2 days ago and said to reply back if there were any issues.

There is no contact number for any other support for dell mobility and every time I have called it keeps going back to the same Department and the same supervisor.

Dell Inc. is doing false advertising with a transferable warranty contract they offer the consumer at the time of purchase, but in this case it is clearly indicated that their employees who are authorized to maintain the integrity of the warranty contract are not doing their due diligence and their is no ways to contact their supervisor to complain about their unethical work practices. It is very disappointing to see that a company of such repute has issues with their products and the consumer has to go through such distress just to get a working product.

At this point I would appreciate someone, who is not rude and has the authority, to call me to resolve this issue so that I could have a working device that I paid for and would not have to go through the legal hassle of trying to claim my warranty. I would also appreciate if someone from United States and not overseas would call me to resolve this issue as I bought my device in United States and paid for it in Dollars and not in a different continent with some other currency.

July 2nd, 2011 11:00

1 DELL WAY

ROUND ROCK,  TX  78682-7000

I'll be sending my letter to department heads such as Eve Richey; Head of Mobility and the CEO Michael Dell. I don't believe this is what he envisioned for his company in 1984

78 Posts

August 31st, 2011 05:00

What is "limited edition"?  And have your issue gotten resolved by now, especially now that the streak was discontinued?   MICHAEL DELL, pleeeeeeese bring back the Streak!  We LOVE our Streaks

78 Posts

September 9th, 2011 09:00

If the poster bought a "special" or "limited edition" should the replacement at least be new if no stock available for the series such as a limited spdcial version?  What is the limited edition anyway? Whats different from the only streak ive ever known?

40 Posts

September 9th, 2011 09:00

The Dell warranty does not provide for a "NEW" item to be sent for warranty replacement.  In most cases any product that is more than 30 days old will be replaced with a "refurbished" product.  Here is a quote form Dell's warranty document:

" Dell, at its sole discretion, may dispatch a replacement part to you, arrange for you to send your product or defective part back to Dell's repair depot, or replace the product with a comparable product that may be new or refurbished."

You can view the complete document at here

4 Posts

September 14th, 2011 18:00

What's the update on this issue? Have they resolve your problem?

How  'bout filling a complaint to the BBB? Their is for sure enough complaints and problems that seem to be unresolved on this board , that the big guns like the BBB should step in , serioulsy something has to be done.

Let us know please ,thanks.

7 Posts

September 16th, 2011 08:00

I know I won't buy another dell product even though I'm typing on a dell now and have one next to me and have a streak on the charger in the kitchen if I don't see some Honeycomb for my Streak 7. Dell is going to alienate alot of diehard dell fans if they don't. Its people like the manager your talking about that shouldn't have a job at dell or any other computer company. Jack in the Box comes to mind actually

No Events found!