Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2014 19:00

Can't play my own music on new venue 8 pro

I tried to copy my music collection so I could simply play my own music. It was too big for the HD So I copied it to the SD card. I can't play anything, although the files are there. I can access Word and PDF files so I know the card is fine. I tried an app that says it will read music from an SD card but it doesn't work. Maddeningly, it keeps trying to find music on my hard drive and also says I don't appear to be connected to the internet. That's the whole point: I want to use this in my car to listen to my own music collection, not something in the cloud. Any $40 MP3 player can do this but my almost $300 high tech tablet can't figure it out.

If I had Windows Media Player, I could play anything.

Can anybody help with this?

37 Posts

January 16th, 2014 18:00

You have tyo do the following:

Open the MUSIC app.

Tap on COLLECTION

Swipe in from the right size and tap on SETTINGS

Tap on PREFERENCES

Under COLLECTION you will see "Choose where we look for music on this PC"

Tap on that

Now you can add the location on the SDCARD (Drive D:) to your music library

By the way, you have the Windows Media Player available. When you display the list of all programs, sort by name and towards the end of the list you will see the category "Windows Accessories" and it's there.  Remember, this is just Windows 8.1.  You have all the programs that come with Windows!

4 Posts

January 16th, 2014 19:00

Thank you, I will try that. I did find Windows Media Player (feel silly for not finding it earlier) but the MUSIC app has tried to take over.  Maybe this will help them get along.

I appreciate your help.

No Events found!