Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2015 05:00

DELL VENUE 8 PRO 64BIT

I am so pissed at dell for still not having released 64bit UEFI bios update, I mean all these games coming out lately only support 64bit and i mean games that have super low system requirments that the tabelt should be able to handle like fifa 15 and dbz xenoverse and EVERYOTHER GAME I CAN THINK OFF, is it so hard just to get 64bit? like they release a NEW BIOS UPDATE EVERY COUPLE MONTHS AND NO 64BIT SUPPORT STILL? the problem was windows 8 baytrail had a bug with 64bit support wich windows fixed with the windows 8.1 update so whats the probelm release your bios update alraedy dell and stop being a piece of *** company 

21 Posts

February 7th, 2015 19:00

Exactly they disabled legacy and the entire reason i got the tablet was to install windows 8.1 and windows 7 together so when i relised that wasnt possible i was upset, then i though oh well doesnt really matter ile just install windows 8.1 64 bit so i could do some of my network engineering assigments then relised the thing doesnt even support 64bit "ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS I GOT THE TABLET" if dell doesnt release 64bit bios within this month im making sure no one i know buys another dell product again because they are just greedy and selfish 

6 Posts

February 7th, 2015 14:00

Iam looking for this so bad as well. Some of the work related testing requires 64 bit OS.  With that I'm unable to use this device.  I got this device in first place for that since there was a rumor at that time Dell is working on releasing one.

Couldn't believe they even disabled legacy BIOS boot in the name of UEFI 32 bit!

828 Posts

February 10th, 2015 09:00

This capability is not supported on the original Venue 8 Pro.

21 Posts

February 10th, 2015 10:00

First of all Brian you don't have a clue on what your talking about because the answer on your other thread was the same and Lso saying we should move onto another tablet that has this capability like the dell venue 8 7000, STUPID JUST FUKEN STUPID BECAUSE THAT IS A ANDROID DEVICE AND SECOND BECAUSE THE DELL BENUE 8 pro 5000 has a 64bit capable CPU in it and you guys are just lazy assholes who won't release the 64bit bios update, I think there's a Lenovo out there that has 64bit bios support that also runs a bay trail I might aswell buy that because dell is pathetic with there support

February 15th, 2015 06:00

Hi Greg

We understand the necessity of this OS version on the Tablet. We will definitely have this issue addressed.

-Sabita

thats the message i got from dell when i messages them about 64bit support on facebook, it looks like the messages are working :)

915 Posts

February 15th, 2015 10:00

Yes, when I see it, I will believe it . . . .  It is easy to say things on Facebook, and even self-serving.     :emotion-5:

21 Posts

February 15th, 2015 10:00

Hahaha yeah exactly what I always say

21 Posts

February 17th, 2015 12:00

Out if the blue today I received this message from dell

Dell 2:32am Feb 18

Hi John,

This is follow-up message. Venue 8 pro 5000 does not support 64bit, Currently Dell has no plan to make changes on this product that would allow 64bit support. The next series will have 64bit and an updated chipset with full X86-64 support.

-Ashwini V

Are they teasing a new venue 8 pro? Either way I will make sure if this bios update doesn't happen to not purchase dell no more or even recommend it.

6 Posts

March 15th, 2015 19:00

Just noticed that Venue Pro 11 5xxx series has 64bit UEFI.  Thought it was due to connected standby mode, but how does Dell offer update for that series but not 8 pro?

Bit disappointing... & losing hopes. Surprised as well since they consider 32 bit alone (without 64) as an acceptable standard at this time of computing era...

Probably time to look for alternate brand with better support.  I've another dell laptop which was marketed as professional business series.  E6450.  Terrible BIOS support as well.  Repeating and double key problems which isn't resolved for close to 1.5 years. There is a biiiiiiig discussion thread on that as well.

March 18th, 2015 07:00

I gave up on that piece of *** company, i now own a surface pro 2 wich i previously always laughed at tho after a couple weeks of research it is the best tablet, its got the same cpu as the surface pro 3 and i only paid 500$ with 8gb ram at 1600mhz and a 256gb ssd with intel hd 4400 graphics wich seems to be better or equal to all the newer versions either way, so far i love the tablet and since the surface pro 2 has no cooling problems u cann play games aslong as you wont unlike the surface pro 3 and so on :))) i highly reccomend it

915 Posts

March 18th, 2015 10:00

I gave up on that piece of *** company, i now own a surface pro 2 wich i previously always laughed at tho after a couple weeks of research it is the best tablet, its got the same cpu as the surface pro 3 and i only paid 500$ with 8gb ram at 1600mhz and a 256gb ssd with intel hd 4400 graphics wich seems to be better or equal to all the newer versions either way, so far i love the tablet and since the surface pro 2 has no cooling problems u cann play games aslong as you wont unlike the surface pro 3 and so on :))) i highly reccomend it

And so, why are you posting here?  No one here at the Dell forum really is interested in your information as to your other computer use--perhaps you should be posting at that other website or at a similar fanclub.

21 Posts

March 18th, 2015 13:00

No I totally agree with him, Infact u was planning on getting a surface haha, dell is dead in my books there support is terrible, ohwell lesson we'll learnt.

1 Message

August 13th, 2015 20:00

The poster came here to tell us that there is an alternative way of fixing a problem that DELL CREATED apart from giving DELL any more of our money. Perhaps you should stop being such a Dell Tool and admit that you, like Dell, don't give a *** that everyone in this thread purchased a 64bit tablet only to find out that Dell deliberately made it impossible to use a 64bit operating system.

I'm thinking small claims court would be fun. Maybe I will do that. In the meantime, I invite all the people reading this to please let me know if they found other non-dell options that I should consider.

Stop speaking for the rest of us in the dell forums. You are clearly without a clue.

21 Posts

August 14th, 2015 03:00

I'm sert but I sid not understand a thing you said? And yes *** dell and there pathetic support.

3 Posts

September 18th, 2018 04:00

Will there be any chance for UEFI x64?
I use Autodesk eagle and the tablet has become useless ...
Dell disappointed you terribly on you ...

I apologize for the text translated by google translator.

No Events found!